5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
Published on 7 July 2011 by Helen

3.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed by Read2Review
`It Was Hard Work Being A Cow' is the first book to be published by Blue Tree Arts. They put out a competition on twitter and I was very lucky to be the winner. Blue Tree Arts have also put promotion for us on their site, thank you.

Published 23 months ago by Read2Review

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 7 July 2011
This review is from: It Was Hard Work Being a Cow: Hilltop Farm Animal Children's Picture Book Series (Age 3-7) (Paperback)
I recently bought this book for my daughter and she loves it, it is great to read to younger children which will teach them rhyming words and also for older children to read alone, stretching their imagination and vocabulary. The illustrations are absolutley fantastic, we love the amount of detail on each page and hunting for the caterpillar. All round excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new children's book, 18 Jun 2011
There are lots of classic children's books which I'm sure we all have. Every now and again there is a new book which is worth a look. I think this is one. This is one of my son's favourite books, a great book to read whether you live in the country or the city.

5.0 out of 5 stars Create Little Book for my friends liitle uns, 1 Aug 2011
Is it just me or do you never know what to buy for the ever multiplying offspring of your friends?

Well I came across this little book and discovered a solution to that little problem. My latest birthday related dilemma was resolved with this and I intend to have a few more copies of this economical pressie at hand for the future. My friends decribed it as the best present I'd ever bought for the young 'uns! Not a hard criteria to beat I admit but even so I was very happy. Educational, fun, colourful and a great little story at a recession-appropriate price. I was won over. No more trips to Early Learning Centre for me. Peace Out.

5.0 out of 5 stars It washard work being a cow, 29 July 2011
Really impressed with the book, lots of interest in the pictures and children like to look for the catapillar and eventually the butterfly, the story is interesting and the rhyme is fun for the children. altogether a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great children's book, 25 July 2011
A very colourful children's book - great illustrations and a nice little story. Some amusing lines and the book will bring a smile to both children and adults alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good addition to the bookcase, 22 July 2011
I don't normally write reviews for things but the children I work with loved this new addition and I did too, so I thought I'd check it out on amazon and thought why not. It was obviously a favourite with the children even though it was a recent addition, and I can see why. Not only are the illustrations the most detailed and colourful that I have seen in any childrens books for a while but the text is unpatronising and funny, and also rhymes well. They loved finding the caterpillar and I made the children find, for example, the boy with a mohican on the bus. This is possible as the illustrations are as detailed as they are. Overall a good read and entertaining for young and old(er)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well woth buying, 10 Feb 2013
Novel idea beautifully expressed, a pleasure for child or adult. Have shown this to many friends, they all loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever Cow!, 29 Jan 2013
I don't know about you, but I've never noticed until now how many books there are about cows doing silly things!

My 4-year-old daughter loves cows and so the search started to find a book that would stimulate and entertain her. A thorough search of Amazon turned up this lovely little book 'It was hard work being a cow'. The beautiful illustrations and Frederick's striking resemblance to my daughter's rocking-cow; Milly Moo ended my search and guaranteed the sale.

The book arrived promptly and was an immediate bedtime favourite. The rhyming story and the little details in the illustrations make this a little gem of a book.
We loved searching for the caterpillar on each page and eventually finding the butterfly on the last page.

Its a lovely book to read together so I don't mind when, time and time again it is requested at bedtime.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed by Read2Review, 4 Jan 2013

I didn't realise that the story was comprised in verse; however it was a very pleasant surprise. You are encouraged to find the friendly caterpillar on each of the pages which is good fun. However I was a little confused on the second to last page as I couldn't find the caterpillar anywhere. I then looked at the last page and saw a butterfly so I knew on the previous page I was looking for the pupa. Once I knew this it was easy to find.

I think that the target market will find this book very enjoyable as each of the verses on the pages is very cute and fun to read. Also with brilliant illustrations I think that this book should be a must be for any child that likes to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic childrens book - a new classic!, 8 Dec 2012
Smuggler (PONTEFRACT, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If you grew up with books like Meg and Mog and the Tiger who came to Tea you will love this.
Highly recommended