Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 May 2009
What a wonderful refreshing new approach for the traveller. Whether you are of the seasoned variety or just setting out on your first travel adventures this collection of writings is an excellent companion. Whether you are at home in your armchair, or better still able to wander through the various districts of Paris written about by this wonderfully diverse selection of authors, they are all very readable, entertaining and give you a deeper understanding of why Paris is so special. At last a travel book that will lead you away from the obvious charms of this amazing, timeless city to discover its hidden depths and delights.
on 11 September 2013
I like the fact that this book is made up of short excerpts from other books meaning you can pick and choose the bits you read along with it being easy to pick up if you only have a short space of time. I like the fact that the chapters all relate together so there are a selection of excerpts realtign to food and drink, the landscape and the famous graveyards and their inhabitants (my personal favourite). I have read some of the books featured such as Kate Mosse's `Sepulchre', but this didn't hinder my enjoyment. If anything it made me remember how much I actually enjoyed the book. I like to hear other people's opinions about one of my favourite cities however disparaging. My only real problem with the book is that it has left me with a huge pile of other books I know wish to read and a real want to return to the city.
on 5 May 2013
This book relates the views of those who have visited this city over many years but views which have been selected by folk

who are not of course french which may cause some problems
on 30 October 2014
Excellent reading for anyone in love with Paris. It will make you want to go back as soon as possible