5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!
Published on 25 Aug. 2008 by Ms. KE Peirson

1.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre cooking at best
This book is intended for university freshers but only the ones that would eat pretty much anything.
It was purchased after seeing their videos on YouTube.
Published 8 days ago by Juliana Apopei

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 25 Aug. 2008
This is a fantastic student recipe book. As a student I've owned many recipe books aimed at students but none of them have the content and quality of this one. It makes healthy eating seem easy and achievable, which for students setting out on their own can seem daunting. With the clever and helpful extras such as tips, tricks and games that other books don't have, it is an awesome guide for students - particularly freshers who are looking for an insight into what university life will be like. I wish I'd had it as a fresher!!

Would 100% recommend this book! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars "Sorted" sorted me out!, 1 April 2009
Really love this book. Its a bit different from all the others out there. Its not patronising or preachy like some of the others I got when started uni.

Its also got tips on more than just cooking, like what to bring to uni and how to do washing and stuff... so i felt a bit more prepared for moving out of home.

More importantly its a fun book that i like reading and its supporting website is great too.

Thoroughly recommended by me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 Aug. 2009
hilstep (Hastings, England) - See all my reviews
My son is the first in our family going to Uni, so neither of us knew what to expect. This book told him what to do, and what to take, and the recipes are brilliant!
I have been trying them out on him at home, he kows what he likes, and can make some already, so I won't worry about him now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely "Sorted"!!, 20 Aug. 2008
This is a great book, bought one for my daughter who is just about to head off to uni and she loves it! It has plenty of tips as well as the recipes, so it covers all aspects of the student lifestyle.

We tried one of the recipes tonight, Portugese soup, and it was gorgeous!

Definitely not just for students, this book really hits all the right places!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorted, 19 Aug. 2008
Brilliant book, cleverly put together in "student speak" although clearly you do not need to be a student to enjoy the fabulous recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 9 July 2010
Really excellent book. Recipes using simple ingredients, very tasty. Fun to read about how the students, who wrote this book, are now preparing others for coping and enjoying uni life. Glad my daughter will have the book to read prior to her life at uni.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pressie, 28 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Sorted - A Recipe for Student Survival: Student Cookbook (Paperback)
Great present,a bit different to your standard student cook book - had helpful tips for first year students and easy to understand!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential practical advice, 10 July 2010
Good advice for students, not just on cooking, but all many other aspects of starting out at college or university

1.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre cooking at best, 22 Mar. 2015
Juliana Apopei (UK) - See all my reviews
It was purchased after seeing their videos on YouTube.
The book itself it's quite ugly, the pictures are grainy and I was particularly annoyed by the coffee mug stains printed all over the book. Innovative? Maybe. Nice looking? No. If I want such stains on my books I can make them myself. But generally I like to keep my books free of nasty stains.
The recipes really aren't that nice either. Ok at best. The banana bread is probably the worst thing I ever put in my mouth. My daughter cooked it several times, each time being more careful than the last, following the recipe to a T. Each time it was horrid, I actually begged her not to cook it again. Then she tried another recipe (not theirs) and the banana bread was delicious.
We recreated several of the recipes but nothing was delicious. Just ok and I would not recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Good simple advice, 28 Sept. 2011
Very easy to flick through and get to what you want to read. It has the sort of advice and easy to make recipes that I would have liked to know when starting life on my own, Ideal for the first steps for any student. highly recommended for the price.

Sorted - A Recipe for Student Survival: Student Cookbook
Sorted - A Recipe for Student Survival: Student Cookbook by Ben Ebbrell (Paperback - 23 July 2009)
Used & New from: £5.25