5.0 out of 5 stars Review
A wonderful book, really really enjoyed it. Would remcommend to anyone interested in doing a SIA or more in depth bodyguard work. The priice and quality is excellent too - happy reading :-)
Published on 18 July 2011 by Claire

3.0 out of 5 stars Horses for courses.
Published on 19 Mar. 2013 by Tim

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Horses for courses., 19 Mar. 2013
Briefly the guy is an ex doorman who has set up his own CP company, written a book (published by his own company) in which he promotes his own CP company and CP training company. If I sound sneering I am not, Mr Horak has done well for himself and clearly engaged in a lucrative part of the market as a provider and trainer. However, printed poloshirts, branded nylon ties and cheesy photos with celebs are a world away from Royalty or Specialist Protection and the Army's RMP / Specialist Protection Units or private organisations like G4s operating high risk teams in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Specifically, I found the book too generic in its treatment of certain tradecraft subjects and repititous. How many times do I need to be told to clean my teeth and make sure I don't have body odour? If you need to be told these things I would question whether I would want to entrust my life to you. Where it was strongest was in its encouraging outlook, career planning for the novice and restrained mature tone. Someone who is involved in the private security industry and wants to complete an SIA approved CP course and move into Mr Horak's world might find this useful, I didn't. If you are preparing for service courses there are far better texts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 18 July 2011
This review is from: The New Bodyguard - 'A Practical Guide to the Close Protection Industry' (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye opener for the industry, 6 Mar. 2011
Although this book is aimed at those considering a career in Close Protection, I have found it valuable working in another area of the security industry. Kevin Horak writes with a depth of details and facts that make this book an essential purchase for anyone considering a career move and wanting to know exactly what is required and what you should expect in the industry. I would not hesitate to recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, 2 Dec. 2010
D. Hanley (England, UK) - See all my reviews
Simply Excellent!!

I recently purchased The New Bodyguard following up an interest I have in this field. It's a business I knew minimal amounts about and having read this book, I now know, I knew even less than I thought. It bursts the door open on a number of myths and misconceptions and generally sets the record straight.

I was wholly amazed by the quality and presentation of the book.

It is incredibly clear and easy to understand with amazing insights and detail. The author shows his credibility time and time again with some of the worlds most famous people. That coupled with the forward being written by the former head of the SAS makes it clear to an outsider like myself, that this is an authoritative book on the subject matter and you can rest assured it does not disappoint.

I'd highly recommend this to anyone interested in bodyguarding and the close protection business.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING , UNBEATABLE , ABSOLUTELY PROFESSIONAL !, 8 Sept. 2012
I have chosen K.Horak's book from between many others. Then I understood that this is the only one which gives you true insides of the industry. The true account of professional and advice that cannot be beaten. If you thinking about professional career this is the book that will open your eyes and set you on right path. With his highly professional approach K.Horak wipes out and recreates the picture of "Bodyguard" in eyes of a public.
As a guide this is amazingly clear , detailed and true essence of advice. It will give you pure and without unnecessary "colouring" information that will help you enter the new life as a bodyguard and will help you stay highly professional.
Highly recommended, absolute necessity on your professional bookshelf if you are just thinking of becoming a bodyguard or you are already in a circuit.
Worth more than money can buy !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 April 2012
Great book for those seeking more information on what this industry is about and working in it. Very no-nonsense, well laid out and written, and containing as much information as possible. Kevin Horak sticks to the subject and provides examples of scenarios from his own experience with none of the bragging often seen in other books of this nature. Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Close Protection and Body Guarding-In A nutshell., 13 Sept. 2010
I work in Music and Entertainment and one thing I 100% know nothing about is the ins and outs of close protection and the body guarding industry.Since the two go hand in hand on a regular basis,I felt I should brush up for future reference and so I bought this book recommended to me by a friend.
The information contained within is perfect for everyone from the likes of myself-a novice to a qualified Body Guard.It is well written,detailed,and I found
the pictures a great source for showing the level at which Clearwater's service's operate.Kevin Horak has done a splendid job on producing a factual,professional and realistic insight to the industry.
Overall I will and have suggested this book to people I know moving towards close protection as a career and now know who to go to when my clients need some muscle.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that explaines everything you need to know about the closeguarding industry, 15 July 2012
Kevin Horaks book The New Bodyguard is an absulute eye opener, Kevin goes into as much detail as possible in every single area of the industry and explaines every area with great detail. He is exteremly honest with everything he has writen in the book and trys to give you as much information as he can. He literaly doesnt miss a thing everything is brought up and combed through like a nit combe.
A definate read if you are interested in the indusrty, also an interesting one at the same time, As i havnt been able to put it down.
Go buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Bodyguard Book - By Kevin Horak, 1 April 2012
At Protective Services (A Division of The Neill Group) - New Zealand's Leading Security & Protection Specialists we use The New Bodyguard Book as the official text book to support our popular seminars on providing personal protection and executive care for current and prospective bodyguards. The feedback has been excellent! the text is accurate, clear and a true practical guide for anyone wishing to enster this very specialised area of the security industry either in New Zealand or abroad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 26 Sept. 2012
I have only just brought this book and from what I have read of it so far it gives you an excellent insight in to the world of close protection. I had the pleasure to actually speak to the author who I found very professional and obviously had a wealth of experience in this industry. So if you are looking for guidance on how to enter this industry this is a must read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The New Bodyguard - 'A Practical Guide to the Close Protection Industry'