5.0 out of 5 stars Doing Business in India
This book was my best investment in terms of my time and money for preparing me to deal with Indian business executives.

In short this book explained to me in very clear terms about Indians psychology, pitfalls in real estate sector, myths about India's big retail sector and drawback in Indian education and legal system.

Worth Reading!
Published on 15 Mar 2009 by B. Tomasik

Sorry, but as someone from the UK now starting to do business in India, I can honestly say this book has been of no help nor can I see how it could. India is not easy but I doubt this book could help. I have just finished the book and am wondering why the rave reviews... then I clicked on the reviewers themselves. Enough said.

In my opinion the book makes...
Published on 29 Sep 2010 by Dave Shaw

4.0 out of 5 stars India Business, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: Doing Business in India & Understanding Pitfalls (Paperback)
As the title of this book suggest, it is primarily focussed on identifying the pitfalls and business challenges in India and author has covered it in detail however he included few section on business opportunity.

I would have given it 5 stars if he would have covered opportunities in detail. Book is based on evidence and also included statistics from world bank report on India.

Worth reading
Doing Business in India & Understanding Pitfalls

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very balanced nor helpful.Often suspect reasoning. Be careful before trusting reviews and check profiles., 29 Sep 2010

In my opinion the book makes sweeping generalisations without evidence (no, quoting articles is not enough). Just because he is from India does not mean he knows it. It comes across as a book generalising and exaggerating all the negative stereotypes rather than delve into opportunities or what exactly new business entrants should or could do. Tremendous repetition makes up the pages. Others may like it but to me it comes across like a large chip on the shoulder coupled with an inferiority complex. Good to read if you want to justify why you should not do business in India. Sorry but not recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doing Business in India, 15 Mar 2009
B. Tomasik - See all my reviews

Worth Reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Doing Business in India, 19 Dec 2008
I like this book because it is written by an Indian entrepreneur about the Indian business environment and it is more practical and business oriented.

I think this book can help in decision making if you are planning to recruit Indian staff or you are interested in investing in Indian real estate and retail sectors.

It also explains about the interesting points about the Indian legal system. Worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doing Business in India and understanding pitfalls - Worth reading, 1 Nov 2008
MM Buczynska "Monique" (London) - See all my reviews
I found this book very helpful for anybody who wants to take well informed decisions when investing in India.

Any business leader working in India or outsourcing to India will find this book extremely useful. The author uses his vast entrepreneurial experience while writing this book.

The author highlights the business challenges in India and also explains how Indians negotiate and what motivates them, where they invest, etc.

I believe that the most important aspect of this book is that the author identifies the potential pitfalls for the western businessman and suggests the solutions.

ARRAY(0xa5e2b5f4)

Doing Business in India & Understanding Pitfalls
Doing Business in India & Understanding Pitfalls by Subodh Gupta (Paperback - 8 Aug 2008)
22.07