5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with patterns!
I have never seen so many patterns and so much information in one publication. The design and layout is very user-friendly with superb images, which makes it a pleasure to browse. The patterns themselves are so varied that I couldn't make my mind up which to knit first. I also very much liked the social and historical background to the knitting trends of each period. This...
Published on 24 Jan 2009 by Mrs. P. Chew

3.0 out of 5 stars Correct pattern details
Yes a wonderful book with stunning clothes to knit, However!!!...with each item I have made, I found the pattern instructions to be incorrect and had to unpick, and alter each one!! which is very unfortunate. I would recomend this book if you know a bit about knitting and how to adapt the patterns. I have however marked several more to make and hope that I don't come up...
Published on 15 Feb 2009 by Ms. T. S. Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for knitting geeks, 9 April 2014
This review is from: A Stitch in Time: v. 1: Vintage Knitting & Crochet Patterns 1920-1949 (Paperback)
The combination of old, original designs prepared for modern yarns and with the feeling of the authors enthusiasm is brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for any Knitter, 21 Jan 2014
This book is an absolute "must have" for any knitter. It is full of beautiful patterns and is an interesting source of knitting history. I have so many of the patterns now lined up for completion...I think I'll have to free up more that 24 hours in any day to get them completed. So happy to have this book on my shelf ... need Vol. 2 now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 21 April 2013
Ms. Laura Alicia Ingham "Ms Ingham" (Blackburn, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
Mum was very happy with this book. Plenty of great patterns and knitting ideas. Good book and present for the avid knitter,

2.0 out of 5 stars I have attempted two of the patterns. One was ..., 16 Aug 2014
I have attempted two of the patterns.One was impossible to follow the other had a couple f mistakes.
I am an experienced knitter but it is very irritating to ave to keep undoing and reknitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stitch from Time, 30 Aug 2011
I bought this booklet for my wife who has many problems finding 'old' patterns when she wants to knit something good for herself or the family - "just what I wanted" was her reaction when the parcel was opened.
Rodney...Gomersal, Yorkshire.