Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 February 2011
This is a brilliant book, it does not make a 'big deal' of the fact that the boy uses a wheelchair. It does however give a very subtle confidence boost, my son who is 6 and uses a wheelchair loved it.
on 4 February 2012
The Lost Puppy is ideal for childminders with children with or without mobility difficulties. It helps to stimulate conversations about diversity within settings like childminding. Giving opportunties to talk about difference is so important.
on 6 January 2016
The story is lovely, and introduced the concept of wheelchairs to my toddlers in a really positive way.

The quality of printing is not great, with blocky pixels where images have been poorly enlarged. I don't think my daughters really noticed, and it didn't affect their enjoyment!
on 10 June 2011
I really enjoy reading this story to the children in my care. It is very good for teaching children that all children are individuals and unique and everyone has a special gift or ability that maybe not all others can do.
on 24 October 2015
Great book. We wanted some books with children in a wheelchair for a class that has a boy in a wheelchair in. This is a lovely story though, will plan to get some for each class.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2016
Cute story with a good message but not very thrilling. My 3 year old likes it but doesn't love it.
on 19 October 2012
I'm just off to the post office to return this. I don't know whether it's just my copy but it the quality is horrendous. It looks like half the book has been produced on someone's mobile phone then the other half has been produced properly! Did think about overlooking that because of the value of the story but couldn't help feeling shortchanged every time I looked at it. Shame really as the story is lovely.

Compare to 'Just Because'. Completely different league. Adore that book.
on 25 April 2016
Super book. Great for my daughters and also for childminding
on 10 September 2015