Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: DVD|Change

on 4 November 2008
For those of you who don't know Justin Fletcher, he is a regular on the BBC CBeebies channel and one of the best presenters on TV. Our young son and daughter love watching him in Tikkabilla, Something Special and Higgledy House. When we wanted to buy a DVD with Justin in it we first considered Something Special, but wanted something really educational about things like numbers and letters. A friend lent us a copy of bee bright and we were all hooked straight away! I don't think bee bright has been on TV because we had never heard of it before but it is absolutely brilliant! Justin is FABULOUS as usual, but most of the scenes feature a range of fun animated characters like an ant, a caterpillar, and two lovely bees called Buzz and Fizz. When we discovered this DVD our son was just learning to say a few words and he watched this DVD constantly. It has taught him lots of new words and now he is learning how to count, recognise colours and shapes, and lots of other things as well. It's worth buying the whole set because we think most children will enjoy watching these DVDs, whatever their age. Even the grown-ups in our house like watching bee bright!
on 23 November 2009
Just like the earlier DVDs I have bought in this series, this DVD really captures my 20-month old son's attention. We don't watch very much TV in this house but this is the one thing that he asks for by name.

These are very clever DVDs because they use a lot of repetition. Children seem to love repetition and watching the same thing over and over. However these DVDs will show you something once or twice, and just when you think you know what is coming next, something is changed. This surprise seems to be how these DVDs teach different subjects so effectively - our son has learnt all his colours, shapes and numbers really quickly by watching these DVDs.

These DVDs are also highly entertaining. I would say that we put them on the TV mainly to entertain our son - the characters are funny and there is quite a lot of slapstick and funny noises - but the great thing is that they are obviously very educational as well, so we don't mind these being on while we go and do the washing up!

The Bee Bright characters are all really captivating and we all have our favourites in our family - I like the groovy ant, my wife likes Buzz & Fizz and the little one loves the Robot - and of course we all love Justin Fletcher!

All in all this is a great product and well worth the money - we recommend it to all our friends.
on 10 November 2009
The animation and design in bee bright is really first rate, making it a fun and colourful way of teaching important early concepts like colours and numbers. It is also very entertaining, with lots of funny scenes involving Justin Fletcher and the other animated characters. As a grown-up there are plenty of opportunities to talk to a child whist watching these DVDs, thus helping them to learn in a way that you feel works best for them - you can even turn off Justin's voiceover and listen to just the music and sound effects, which allows you to interact with the child and talk about what is happening on the screen. There are four programmes on each DVD, each one being just the right length for a youngster to watch in one sitting.
on 13 August 2009
Our girls will watch anything with Justin Fletcher in it but we had never heard of `bee bright' before - I don't think it is on TV. However, the reviews looked good so we decided to give it a try. What a great surprise!

This has turned out to be one of the best DVDs we have ever bought for our children. They love all the animated characters (especially the bees), the music, and of course, Justin. Our girls must have watched this a hundred times in the few weeks since we bought it - and they're showing no signs of getting bored yet. They even manage to laugh at the same jokes over and over again. Luckily my wife and I think it is great as well and we don't mind watching it over and over again (unlike some of their DVDs!).

I would say we watch this primarily as entertainment - but it's also very educational as well. The girls have pretty much cracked their alphabet since starting to watch this. We have now bought two of the earlier DVDs from this collection and although they are aimed at younger children they are just as popular. I would recommend this to anyone with pre-school children. A first-class product!
on 19 August 2008
I bought this dvd purely at first because my daughter - who is 22 months -loves Justin aka Mr Tumble. He's of course his usually brilliant self in this and she has a small attention span for the tv (thankfully) but yet Justin manages to keep her mesmerised - as do the bumble bees! She's now obsessed with bumble bees and we both have loads of fun watching them. Perfect for those days when you just want to sit for half an hour and watch something educational, colourful, amusing and something you can interact with. We love this in our house and the gorgeous clear graphics and animation ensure it's not got that 'cartoon' feel to it! Well done to Justin and the gang for this one!
on 16 January 2014
Everyone who is acquainted with the marvellous Justin Fletcher from C Beebies TV will know they are onto a winner with this DVD. My 23 month old granddaughter loves anything with Justin in.
This DVD lasts a total of 70 mins. But it can be split into 4 parts, each one to be watched separately if needs be,for young children with a smaller attention span.

Part 1 uses music and bright, colourful characters such as bees Buzz and Fizz, an ant, caterpillar and snail (and of course Justin) to introduce number recognition 1,2 and 3 plus the first letters of the alphabet. Also it introduces the concept of big/small, snap - a matching game,shape, sound and sharing.
Parts 2, 3 and 4 follow the same format as part one but extend the amount of numbers and letters.
All of this is done in a fun way and children are not even aware they are learning.

The one negative comment I have is that the letters are introduced as said in the alphabet. My granddaughter is already learning them phonetically in preparation for when she learns to read, so an adult sits with her and voices over the letters spoken by Justin.
on 10 November 2009
My 16-month-old daughter loves watching bee bright, and I love watching it with her. She loves the characters, especially Buzz, Fizz, Frog and Duck. She has learnt a lot through watching bee bright - in fact, amongst her first words were 'Duck' and 'Buzz' (when she would see bees in the garden). Also, she started waving 'hello' and 'bye bye' very early thanks to Justin on bee bright.

As a parent I love watching my daughter's reactions to bee bright - seeing what she points at or what makes her laugh - and it is fantastic to see her development, for instance she now makes a duck noise when she sees Duck!

The DVDs are very cleverly thought out and produced, meaning that children of various ages can enjoy them and learn from them, so I know my daughter will still be learning from them for years to come, when she is ready to learn about shapes, colours, numbers etc.

I have found the set of 4 DVDs to be great value, making ideal presents for my daughter's friends, my nephew and my godson. Their parents have said their children love them too. I highly recommend them!
on 13 August 2009
We had never heard of bee bright but were recommended theses DVDs by a friend. We initially bought the fourth disk which is meant for children aged 2-4 (our daughters are now nearly 4). They loved that DVD so much that they pestered us to buy them another! We then bought this DVD which is actually meant for children who are slightly younger than ours, however this too has been a great success.

These DVDs are really lively, funny, entertaining, and very educational. Even the grown-ups like watching `bee bright' in our house! The worst thing about them is the main theme tune - it's so catchy that once you've watched the DVD you end up humming it all day long!

I especially like the way the DVD is divided up into short sections, so you can watch just a small bit at a time - ideal for when you want to bring the kids down a bit before bedtime or a meal. You can also turn off the voice-over so you can talk to your children about what is happening on screen - which makes it like watching a different programme each time you switch it on.

I would recommend this to any parent with pre-school children.
on 19 August 2008
And you will too. I bought this recently as I liked the educational aspect of it and Justin is a winner in our house. When I first played the DVD my two year old daughter absolutely loved it, in fact she cried when Buzz and Fizz went to sleep in their flower. What is quite surprising is how much I enjoyed watching it with her, it is beautifully designed and very clean and simple, there is no annoying music and the pace is just perfect, the repetition works really well and is stimulating not boring. I think if you, like most parents, are concerned about what our children watch then this is the perfect buy! Can't wait for more.
on 16 April 2009
I bought this dvd as my younger 2 children ( 1 who is autistic and the other has down syndrome ) love Justin Fletcher who is mainly known for the something special programmes. It looked a good clear learning dvd and has proved a great success. It is very clear, colourful and educational and both love it and would watch it over and over again if I let them.It teaches colour, shapes, opposites like near and far, up and down.