Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 August 2007
This is a literary novel in the modern style. Chris Keil weaves a celtic knot between Wales & Greece, between the past & the present & between what is above & below the surface of our consciousness. The tempo of the work develops the urgency of a crime novel & I read large tracts of the book in single sittings. Mysteries develop and are resolved, wholly or partially, against richly evoked backdrops. A cast of eccentric characters explore themes of philosophy & spirituality. Keil is developing an idiosyncratic style following his exciting first novel "The French Thing" & I look forward to the next one with interest.
on 28 November 2007
I found this book refreshingly different. Chris Keil captures beautifully the way life is changed by the suroundings the characters find themselves in. He weaves a web of stories that one becomes totally involved in, transporting the reader from Wales to Greece to unravel mysteries both ancient and modern. I found myself swept along with Geraint in his quest and once finished I missed his company. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to escape the grey winter skies, it made me wish to begin a quest of my own.