Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on 26 March 2007
"This is now my favourite improvement book! I wish it had been available earlier! I feel more attuned to it than many others and it is also significantly more accessible.

I like the combination of lean and six sigma within a single book. 'Improve' is my favourite step (in this book)! So often improve is diminished in importance, after a rigorous measure / analyse, that the improvement decisions seen almost random.

Although I fully accept that this book does not replace formal training it would be possible for most people to pick up additional tools from the book and to feel confident in using them.

Finally, the book also includes a touch of humour which appeals to me."
on 26 August 2015
A colleague recommended this book earlier in the year. I'm skeptic about continuous improvement books, as in the past i've found them full of jargon and overly complex. However this book is easy to navigate, includes clear useful diagrams, and is really logical and relevant.

It provides a great toolkit to dip in and out of and as a CI practitioner I now use it all the time as a quick reference point. The tools matrix and appendix on when to use tools, is just what i've been looking for.

In fact, my CI colleagues and I love this book so much, we've invested in multiple copies for staff. From blackbelts to staff just starting out on their CI journey, we've all found it adds value to our work. It's a great book- I cant recommend it enough!
on 27 August 2015
This book is my work bible. I'm still a relatively new CI practitioner (two years) and love the support that this book offers. I've completed the lean six sigma green belt training, but it's nice to have something to refer to.

The chapters are set out really clearly and written in such a way that anyone could understand them, even without the formal training. When I have referred to other books, I've found them much more complex.

I especially like the appendix, which helps me focus on what tools I can use at the various stages of a CI project.

If you are looking for a practical book to help you through a CI project, this is it!
on 13 June 2007
Anyone with an interest in this subject should buy a copy of The Lean Six Sigma Improvement Journey by John Morgan

The tone is light-hearted, yet no stone is left unturned in getting the message across. Each tool (of which there are many) is covered in detail with the aid of colour coded illustrations. The design, layout, and comprehensive index make this book ideal for reference and study. Invaluable.
on 9 March 2007
The Lean Six Sigma Improvement Journey is probably the best Lean Six Sigma book out there if you want to learn and then apply the tools and techniques yourself, and belive me, I have purchased many "teach yourself" six sigma books and always find myself reverting back to this book for guidance!!
on 18 July 2014
A great tool for anyone who wants to improve processes. Focus on lean improvement tools and very light touch on six sigma.
on 14 December 2015
The only manual you really need if you're a new practitioner of the 6Sigma DMAIC methodology.
on 21 November 2015