5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Excel book for learning
Published 20 months ago by Kidz

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes a bit of getting used to
Not as easy as hoped when using as a quick reference tool. If using as a training programme, this book would be ideal.
Published 19 months ago by J Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Excel book for learning, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Learn Excel 2010 Expert Skills with the Smart Method (Paperback)
I first bought the Essential skills book. At the time I had no idea how to use Excel. The book was brilliant. I found it so easy to use and so informative that I purchased this book not long after, and I am certainly not disappointed. This book is just as EXCELLENT as the last. So simple to use, with easy to follow instructions, very clear, and there is also a website where you can follow some of the lessons online - it really is easy! They think I'm a pro at work!

I only wish I could find a Word book which is as good as this one. I have had to send one back as it didn't match the quality of this one - what can I say, when you've had the best nothing else is good enough.

The Excel Smart Method books are in my opinion the best, and learning from the book is great fun! Definitely recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Excel book, 19 July 2014
J. Norman (london) - See all my reviews
I definitely learnt new things from this book. Like anything - it will be a worthwhile purchase if you actually start incorporating things you have learnt into your day to day work. Those things I have are second nature now, but there are useful functions in here that I haven't made use of and would not be able to use without spending some time reviewing again.

One thing I liked was the authors comments on vba - he stated in his experience most of problems people approached him for that they claimed needed vba could actually be handled easily by the normal Excel functions he teaches in this book.

I have borne that in mind since reading, and it seems like good advice. I have discovered one possible exception - trying to make dynamic forms where users input information which in turn drives the subsequent choices they are presented with. I have made use of the excellent data validation section here, but have found out that people can skirt the rules by inputting data, making a subsequent choice, and then removing the original choice. Validation can stop people entering data into a cell, but it is harder to control it once it is already in there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 July 2013
Hazelwood (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
I really like this book! It goes straight to the point without having to wade through page after page of introductory material. Very clear examples with downloadable file examples to work with. I have been using Excel for many years but found so much new material in this book. An excellent purchase for anyone who wants to literally excel with Excel!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really excellent way to improve your Excel skills, 17 July 2014
This is a really excellent way to improve your Excel skills. I had been a user of the previous versions of Excel and always struggled with the new layouts, but now am fine with them. This book provides practical exercises with actual excel files that you can download so that you learn by doing which is always thebest way. Cannot praise this highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking the lessons now, 16 May 2014
J Emens (Phenix City, AL USA) - See all my reviews
I am only thru 7 lessons and have already picked up a few tips. Easy to download the files and clear instructions. It will really help me in my work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book with online support also, 27 Feb 2014
Very impressed with this book - good value for money, very clear and easy to use - online support also really helps

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, 19 Dec 2013
very good easy steps to learn . enough examples to practise. i was just a begineer on excel before i got these book but now expert

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, so easy to follow., 19 Dec 2013
From all the various books and courses I have used to learn excel, this book is the best, highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tutor, 27 Mar 2013
I thought I was good with Excel until I read this.
Its easy to follow style has taught me many new tricks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes a bit of getting used to, 19 Mar 2013

Learn Excel 2010 Expert Skills with the Smart Method
Learn Excel 2010 Expert Skills with the Smart Method by Mike Smart (Paperback - 19 Oct 2011)