5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book well worth purchasing
Published on 29 Feb. 2012 by Juls

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as a training tool
This book is not great as a quick reference tool but if used a training programme, it would be great.
Published on 19 Mar. 2013 by J Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book well worth purchasing, 29 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Learn Excel 2010 Essential Skills with the Smart Method (Paperback)
I brought this book because I consider myself a basic user of excel and wanted to expand and improve my skills. I can honestly say that this is the best book I have ever brought and has helped me so much. each section takes about an hour to complete and with only 7 sections, this book can be completed very quickly. the layout is easy to follow and has some great tips, and various examples which are very easily downloadable from the website.

I always thought I was fairly good on excel but this book has taught me some stuff I never knew you could even do.

This is the perfect book for a basic excel user to improve and work on your skills

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 28 Nov. 2013
S. Spilsbury (United Kingdon) - See all my reviews
Thanks for making this sooo easy and enjoyable. I'm learning things I didn't know able Excel in general and gaining greater understanding about the 2010. Bliss to find out it now saves a draft - I mean none of us mean to dealt a spreadsheet that we have just spent hours working on but it happens. 2010 now allows recovery.

The book itself is so well laid out, brilliant format and easy to follow. Working through this one before I move on to expert. A book I can really recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great basic to intermediate guide, 16 Aug. 2012
We first bought this book after upgrading to Excel 2010 and now get a copy for every new trainee accountant. It is structured in a bitesize 'lesson' format that makes it easy to pick up and put down during the day. I describe it as a 'basic to intermediate' guide but even advanced users of Excel have been able to pick up tricks and tips.

The only criticism is that the book isn't in colour. With sections on conditional formatting, charts and graphs some colour would help!

Alex

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 16 Sept. 2013
I read other books on Excel in order to learn how to use it, but it was like trying to learn to fly an air plane by reading about the controls. This book is more like a flight simulator that will give you the confidence to start flying on your own!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as a training tool, 19 Mar. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really excellent way to learn Excel 2010, 17 July 2014
This is a really excellent way to learn Excel 2010. I had been a user of the previous versions of Excel and always struggled with the new layouts, but now am fine with them. This book provides practical exercises with actual excel files that you can download so that you learn by doing which is always thebest way. Cannot praise this highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, 7 Mar. 2013
I thoroughly recommend this manual, to anyone who has some previous knowledge of excel. The title is “Essential Skills”. Not
Basic.
Here goes of all books and DVDs I have bought to learn Excel, this is the very best.
When you have completed the last Lesson 7-13, buy Excel 2007 Expert Skills and the "VIDEO TRAINING" DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Service was excellent and I liked the book very much, 11 July 2013
I chose this rating because after being given the delivery range dates of between 25 June and 08 July, the book was delivered only a few days later.
The book looks almost new.
It is the best I ever expected on the subject of teaching excel and is easy to use and understand.
I would definitely recommend this to someone else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost 5 stars, 25 Feb. 2013
I am finding this method of learning very good. Two points would have made it excellent.
1. It could have been in colour like the sample downloads.
2. The print could have been larger on some of the illustrations.
Easy to learn, hard to remember (age 70)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and idiot proof,, 4 Mar. 2013
Wll be buying the follow on book, recommended it to everyone at work. Even those of who considered ourselves excel experts have learnt a lot of invaluable little snippets....

Learn Excel 2010 Essential Skills with the Smart Method
Learn Excel 2010 Essential Skills with the Smart Method by Mike Smart (Paperback - 10 May 2011)