5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best book on CP that there is
Published on 29 Jan 2007 by Prosec999

3.0 out of 5 stars Thorough but a bit wordy.
This is a realistically written book which I have found useful. It is a bit wordy and repetitive in places but it covered all of the essential information I was looking for.
Published on 17 April 2012 by M Thomas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best book on CP that there is, 29 Jan 2007
This review is from: The Bodyguard's Bible: The Definitive Guide to Close Protection (Paperback)
I have read a lot about close protection in the last year, I have EVERY book that Amazon sells on the subject as well as some out of print manuals that I bought on Ebay. The Bodyguards Bible is the only one that I have been moved to review. Everything from the layout to the content is better than anything I have seen so far. The book is divided into very logical chapters that allow you to either read it from page 1 to 400 or to just dip in to the subject that you need right now. All of the chapters stand on their own and there are lots of relevant photographs and diagrams that explain even difficult topics extremely well. I found the tone of the author to be exactly right, telling it just like it is but without all those awful pictures of moustaches and machine guns that seem to fill many books on CP. If you want just one book on CP this is it. If you want to buy more than one then buy this one first. I cannot reccomend it highly enough. 5 Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the book, its' cracking!, 13 Dec 2008
Chris Seagal "The mad onion" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was considering a career in CP, I bought this book on recommendation and glad I did. It guides you from the basics through to the more advanced stuff and is a no nonesense insight into the world of CP. Easy to read and follow and up to date. You can't go far wrong.

Since reading the book I have booked myself on a CPO Course!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but heavy, 30 Jan 2011
Actually a very nice book, perfect for new CPOs, but I have the felling that they made it around 1950!
I suggest to renew it, with more modern methods of protection, as does not touch very much the terrorism methods as it iis today!
Big title (Bible is... heavy title) but not modern. I have the feeling that is a book that they reprint it every time it finish.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so!
Is good to have it between books of Close Protection!
I don't know why in Amazon it's so much cheaper from the official site of the editor!!
I felt like a stupid when I tried to get it from there! I was lucky and finally I found it here much cheaper!!!
For the Amazon price and according to the book status it's a good book! Overpriced in the site!!
According to my opinion It's not a Bible, but it's good to have it (in Amazon's price only)!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bodyguard's Bible: The Definitive Guide to Close Protection, 16 Mar 2009
M. Kulinski - See all my reviews
I am really happy with that book, its give a lot of information, languaage is not complicated... Its great book . I am really pleased ...Thank You

Would defenetly reccomand this book to others..its not many CP books out there but think thats the best one...cheers.

5.0 out of 5 stars nathan brailey, 4 Jan 2010
i have recently bought this book on bodyguarding and it was very helpful and it was very nogiable and it was easy to understand i recommend it to anyone who wants a career in bodyguarding

5.0 out of 5 stars Bodyguard's Bible, 28 Jun 2007
This book is excellent. It covers a massive amount, from Law & Legislation and Conflict Management to the actual skill set of being a Close Protection Operative. There are lots of handy hints and tips for further reading, examples of useful report formats and a lifetime of experience. This book is not the norm, there is no BS, just relevant information that could be used by the novice and the experienced operator alike. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

5.0 out of 5 stars sceptical, 12 Mar 2007
PR (Poole, Dorset) - See all my reviews
Normally i'm quite sceptical about books of this genre but having read Mr Brown's book i was more than impressed. All the subject matter was accurate and put together in a methodical format. He has covered in my opinion all the neccessary subjects and interjected the text with personal experience to add to the learning value. This book is a leader in it's class and would be just as useful to someone just starting out in the business, as a training manual, as it would to an experienced cpo, as a reference manual.

Well done Mr Brown.

5.0 out of 5 stars whole training course in it, 22 May 2014
remind me the training days and good to have it handy at some point over role good in detail book thanks to author :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good text book, 23 Nov 2013
As the title say, the definitive Bible for anyone who is interested in or intends to go into the world of Close Protection. A lot of this is covered by the various courses but this is a must as a pre read

5.0 out of 5 stars its good, 19 Sep 2013
a friend recommended this book to me and it helped me during my CP course.

i still use it for a refresher and it is balantly honest and the writers own opinio is written in it.
to which you can agree or watch out not to make the same mistakes and know what the industry is actually thinking of you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›