5.0 out of 5 stars An brilliantly scary story for children (and grown-ups too!)
Published on 4 Dec 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not the best written book
Published 2 months ago by rachel bryan

5.0 out of 5 stars An brilliantly scary story for children (and grown-ups too!), 4 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Mokee Joe is Coming! (Paperback)
I bought this book for my son as he was immediately captivated by the extremely scary illustration on the front depicting the evil monster Mokee Joe. Like some books of this genre a great cover can sometimes hide a very mediocre story, however four hours later when my son proclaimed he had finished mokee joe i was more than intrigued. What I found was a brilliant and well crafted tale which will have great appeal for adults and children alike. It is an extremely gripping story full of intrigue and suspense and a fair amount of humour. Compared to the latest Harry Potter instalment that I believe my son to have given up on tis appears far easier for children my sons age (10) to enjoy. We both wait with great anticpation for the sequel!!! P.Mcgann Shepherds Bush.

5.0 out of 5 stars spooky!, 10 Nov 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Mokee Joe is Coming! (Paperback)
This is a great spooky story for kids which all the adults (like myself!) are loving! Great characters and a really gripping plot! Superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 8 Mar 2004
Matthew Taylor (North West, England) - See all my reviews
This book is Great!!!
There are characters to love, hate and wonder about.
Peter Murray says this is based on something in his life - I BET ITS NOT!!! But i did meet him (in person), he signed my book!
But this story has a cliff hanger that makes you want more...
PLUS : HE TOLD ME THAT HE IS MAKING A TRILOGY, AND HE'S THINKING OF MAKING A T.V. SERIES OF MOKEE JOE (this info is exclusive from me!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: Mokee Joe is Coming: Bk. 1 (Paperback)
I saw Peter at a book launch and immediately thought I would enjoy his books. I consequently bought them all, with the intention of reading them to my 5 year old son. Having just completed 'Mokee Joe is coming!' with him, it is fair to conclude that he loved it. I also loved it as the story works on many levels - the main theme of being chased works for all ages, whereas Hudson's sense of belonging (or lack of) resonates more with adults. Can't wait to read the next one with him, although Harry Potter book 1 is now underway!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mokee Joe is Coming, 11 July 2003
Mokee Joe is an exelent vilan. He terorises a group of 3
children and follows them evrywhere...

I read this book in two nights It is unputdownable

5.0 out of 5 stars Spooky & Brilliant, 10 Oct 2007
This review is from: Mokee Joe is Coming (Paperback)
There are 3 Mokee Joe books and my two boys loved all of them. At the time they read them they were in key stage 2. Nowhere is safe....when Hudson receives the wierd message, Mokee Joe is coming, his life turns into a nightmare. Who is Mokee Joe and what has Hudson done to make him so mad?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Mokee Joe is Coming: Bk. 1 (Paperback)
The author recently visited my son's school and inspired my son (11yrs) to want to write! We got this book to see whether he would like it and ended up buying the rest of the Mokee Joe books. He loved them.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not the best written book, 10 Oct 2014
This review is from: Mokee Joe is Coming: Bk. 1 (Paperback)
My son wanted to get it as his friends were reading. I read a few chapters for bedtime but now he's reading it on his own. It's not the best written book, and is actually quite patronising to the reader. Everything is laboured over, introduced, described ... and not much really happens, apart from a cliffhanger at the end of each chapter, which you quickly realise don't materialise into any danger. I'll stick to Dahl and Walliams in my recommendations!

5.0 out of 5 stars God daughter was so excited as she met author....and now cannot put book down, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Mokee Joe is Coming: Bk. 1 (Paperback)
For a child who did not read, think she now has the bug thanks, love to see her reading. Thankyou

3.0 out of 5 stars The third best book i've ever read!, 17 Jan 2004
Jake (Fords Farm) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mokee Joe is Coming! (Paperback)
I've never read a book like this.The only book that took me 30mins to read! Absulotly Brillient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mokee Joe is Coming: Bk. 1
Mokee Joe is Coming: Bk. 1 by Peter J. Murray (Paperback - 1 Sep 2004)