5.0 out of 5 stars Both books live in my handbag
Published on 22 Mar 2012 by Kilke van Buren

1.0 out of 5 stars WASTE OF MONEY
This book can not help me or anyone else looking to softening thier accent as it covers things that are really really obvious. There are other books out there which cover everthing in one handy book. So this is a waste of money in my opinion, that you have to by two books totally over 30, when you can get other books for a lot less.
Published on 18 Dec 2011 by Sean Penn

5.0 out of 5 stars Both books live in my handbag, 22 Mar 2012
This review is from: Get Rid of Your Accent: Advanced Level Pt. 2: The English Speech Training Manual (Part 2) (Paperback)
An accent can be a fundamental aspect of how you communicate and how your personality comes across. I don't believe you should necessarily lose or change your native accent. However, being an actress from Dutch heritage working in England, it is of great importance to have the asset to sound believably `English'. `Get Rid Of Your Accent' was a great help with the technicalities of RP. However, even after mastering the individual sounds, I still found myself sounding slightly `different' in conversations. I couldn't quite capture what exactly was the cause. This is when the second book became my bible.

This book teaches the dynamics of the language in a clear and specific way, which I found very interesting and accessible. Also, it's displays the eccentricities of the UK culture in a n entertaining manner using great excerpts of poetry, texts and casual dialogue. I feel the book has given me the opportunity to be able to blend into English society more naturally. This has given me much more confidence, both in my personal and professional life. I greatly recommend both books and I kid you not : both books live in my handbag.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book, 18 Feb 2011
I was waiting for the second book with exercises and bought it a few weeks ago. The clear structure and multitude of exercises along with the actor's reading were of immense help to develop sentence rhythm and intonation. I recommend to listen to the CD-s and repeat. It's simple and efficient. The first book "Get Rid of Your Accent" which I bought two years ago was very helpful to practice English long vowels and articulate the consonants and this one compliments it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Feb 2013
I had practiced half of the first volume of this series. The second part seems to be more advanced. You can even receive a voucher from the authors to get cheaper lessons in London with them! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Get rid of your accent- very useful!, 8 May 2012
I bought the first book by these authors "Get Rid of your Accent, Part One" three years ago and I found it most helpful for my articulation and learning the difference between voiced and unvoiced consonants. I particularly loved the verses, tongue-twisters and little poems, which are fun and very effective! A few months ago I bought this Part Two book and I found so many useful things I didn't know and that are absolutely essential to sound more English. For example, I used to separate all words in a phrase or sentence, because I thought it will make my speech clearer. From this book I learned that English liaise words and glide from one word to another. I highly recommend both books for all who want to achieve the best results in a short period of time. I learned the techniques of how to modulate my voice using 4Ps (Power, Pitch, Pace and Pause) which was tremendous for my public speeches. I highly recommend both books for all who want to achieve remarkable results in a short period of time.

Beate, Austrian expatriate

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable book, 30 Jan 2014
Although I have learned English for years, still I cannot master one or two sound. From this book, I have learned how to overcome this problem. It is a valuable book. I will highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book!, 17 May 2013
It's an interesting book and it has worked for me as i wasn't aware that I pronounce wrongly for certain words, after part 1 and 2 I feel that my ears are better trained to differentiate what sounds wrong and what sounds right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book!, 18 Feb 2011
P. Filleti "Priscila" (LONDON) - See all my reviews
I've really improved my accent after doing the exercises from this book. They are easy and enjoyable to practice and once, you get the right position of your tongue. Voilá! You have just learned how to pronounce that word or that sound properly. It's more than recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars WASTE OF MONEY, 18 Dec 2011