5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Resource
Very much written with the UK job market in mind and the answers are less 'gushing' than the American targeted book I also bought. Nicely structured and easy to navigate with about 50 competency based questions which I found really useful.
Published on 26 April 2006 by Sandra Jenkins

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated,not enough info for Competency Interviews
Please note when considerng this book it was first printed in 2006 and the info contained in this book is outdated for the 2011/2012 job market and the compentency interview.

Published on 30 Dec 2011 by Robster

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Resource, 26 April 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book - Well written answers, 13 July 2007
This review is from: Top Answers to 121 Job Interview Questions (Paperback)
I bought this along with another for a Customer Services Job and I was very impressed with the quality of the information and the answers. It covers probably the questions that are most likely to be asked and for me I think probablay 80% of the questions in my interview were actually in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful Book, 1 April 2006
james.s (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top Answers to 121 Job Interview Questions (Paperback)
I bought this book because I am new to the job market and I had very little idea of how to answer questions at an interview. To be fair there are some answers which were not so useful because I dont have work experience yet but I appreciated the answers to questions for school leavers and graduates. Theres about 10 such as why choose that college/ subjects etc and some nice detail on how to answer. So good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book using actual interview questions, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Top Answers to 121 Job Interview Questions (Paperback)
As no one actually interviews on the natural basis of 'the owner of a company seeing if you will fit in' but on the uncomfortable basis of 'I'm an employee who's been trained to read these questions and look for certain responses so that everyone is treated the same and I conform to HR's requirements' we have to approach interviews with a plan to deal with this!
This book gives regularly used questions and how to (and how not to) go about giving your response to them.
I highly recommend this book to help tackle the unnatural nature of job and promotion interviews nowadays.

You may be brilliant and the best person for the job but, unfortunately, if you don't say the right words for someone to tick off on their list then you may get beaten to the position by someone trained to pass interviews but useless at the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 30 April 2012
I brought this book as I had got through the Management interviews and was scheduled for the HR one. I knew you needed to prepare for this so brought the book and read it prior to the interview. 4 of the top 10 questions were asked and after the appropriate pause, I delivered my carefully prepared answers. This book is spot on and will get you in the right mind set to get the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Book, 17 Feb 2010
Mr. M. Arshad "Arshad" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top Answers to 121 Job Interview Questions (Paperback)
I found this book very useful although I still couldn't find a job but at least it prepared me for interviews. Most of the interview questions are covered in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best interview book, 24 Dec 2013
This review is from: Top Answers to 121 Job Interview Questions (Paperback)
While job hunting I researched many online tips/tricks and read a few books. This was by far the best book to prepare me for interviewing, which I hadn't done in 13 years! It really helps you prepare your answers and understand what the interviewer is looking for. It definitely helped me build confidence and I got the job I wanted!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 29 May 2010
Milka Irikeva "mell" (croydon,london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top Answers to 121 Job Interview Questions (Paperback)
i will start to look for a job next months but they are very good questions inside i think they will help

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent content, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Top Answers to 121 Job Interview Questions (Paperback)
I bought this book to assist me with my interview preparation. It is a very useful book to have on your shelf as it contains such valuable information. It was drafted beautifully and there were hardly any spelling errors.

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated,not enough info for Competency Interviews, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: Top Answers to 121 Job Interview Questions (Paperback)

Compentency Interviews are the norm now and this book just skims over the surface, the examples in the book are ok, general and not specific. For a compenetncy interview you answers have to be detailed following STAR or CAR format and this book only gives general examples which are of no use.

Also the line of questioning in the book is very outdated, this book is 5 years old.

You may wish to consider a newer recent up to date book before this.

I have given this book a score of 2, this is for general all round info for interviews. If you are looking for a good compenetcy interview book I would look elsewhere.

Top Answers to 121 Job Interview Questions
Top Answers to 121 Job Interview Questions by Andrew Reed (Paperback - 15 Feb 2012)
8.23