on 21 May 2013
This is some of Frank's early work and it is a very beautiful style he has. It isn't as slick as the work he did for Thunderbirds or Heros Of Sparta but it is still very good. The book is more like an illustrated children's book than a comic book. There are complete, full-length scenes in each panel, rather than the mise-en-scene type cropping and close up work you have in contemporary comics.

This book is a treasure trouve for any comic artist or comic enthusiast.
on 15 May 2014
One of the best British Comic Strip Artists of the 50s and 60s. To find a volume of a complete strip is really great.
Frank Bellamy's "Robin Hood": The Complete Adventures is a wonderful book that I really would urge you to try.

I came across it by accident when I found that there was a full book of the Adventures of King Arthur.
I got that and was totally amazed- I knew Hampson was good- I'd read his Dan Dare's, Garth and The Road of Courage all of which I can recommend but that was a new one for me.Frank Bellamy's "King Arthur and His Knights": The Complete Adventure
Classic Dan Dare: Trip to Trouble (Dan Dare (Graphic Novel)) (Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future)The Daily Mirror Book of Garth 1976Road of Courage[[ASIN:1848565259

The art work and craftsmanship is even better than the Arthur stories.
Make no mistake Bellamy was one of the finest graphic Book artists ever.

The book has a fabulous selection of Robin Hood Tales- true it was written in the days of the eagle when dialogue was , shall we say more gentler? But the art and the pace make a really satisfying read that zips along/
You finish this book with regret that the marvelous storytelling and depiction has ended rather than the relief of other books I could mention/

Like 'Arthur' packed with really interesting detail and observations
Buy this book and do your self a favour.
on 22 October 2015
Fabulous artwork. Frank Bellamy was a genius.