on 28 October 2008
Not sure how this would be for somebody who did not know the original at all... but I came to it having been taught quite a lot about the Bible during childhood. After a very long gap it was good to read this and be reminded of these stories. I'm not a Christian but still appreciate the historical and cultural significance.
It does what it says on the cover: presenting a summary of the main facts, parables, poetry and teachings from the Bible in 50 easily readable one-page chunks, along with helpful maps. The only jarring note was the slightly patronising preface. Otherwise excellent, and a great idea - I'd like to see similar summaries of other great works of literature.
on 1 June 2009
As a vicar I bought copies of this for our young mums group to introduce them to the Bible. They got hooked! They thought it was excellent! It is a good quick read to give an oversight and start discussion. I've kept a number of copies to give to 'enquirers' in my parishes!
on 22 August 2011
For people who never have read the Bible or know very little about it, this little book provides a great way into the stories and giving the big picture. yes it skips over much, but in such a book, that is inevitable.

We let some in a study group look at it and they asked for their own copies, because it really helped fill in the things they did not know. I have the Kindle version and find it a good source for ways of setting the context of a sermon on a particular passages.
on 9 March 2011
An excellent introduction for anyone unsure of the contents of the bible without reading all of the books within it.
on 14 April 2010
I use this in my car and have recently lent it to a partially sighted woman who doesn't know much about christianity.
on 15 June 2015
This item is a valuable guide for those new to the bible or for giving too someone new to faith, who wants to know more, but can't yet cope with reading scripture without support. Brief to the point synopsis of biblical stories, can be truly read in 100 minutes.
on 14 February 2013
I like the idea behind this book - enabling people to get an idea of the complete Bible in a short time. A lot of hard work must have gone into its production, and the maps are useful. However, I would have liked more of the Old Testament, especially as this is the part of the Bible with which most of us are least familiar. There are 17 chapters on the Old Testament, and 33 on the New Testament. This imbalance results in the O.T. chapters mentioning so many characters, so briefly, that it is difficult to get our head round them all.The whole O.T.section is just too pared down. For example, the Ark of the Covenant is briefly mentioned as 'a wooden chest'. No explanation that it contained the stone tablets of the 10 Commandments, and that the Israelites believed God's presence came onto the Ark. This was the Israelites' holiest item of worship - virtually dismissed as 'a wooden chest'! On the whole, though, useful for a quick overview of the Bible.
on 14 April 2013
This was a really easy to read, brief overview of the Bible. I read it as a resource whilst undertaking a reading of the Bible in a year as events happened so it helped with the flow of events. Very helpful for someone with a limited knowledge of the Bible.
on 24 July 2009
A good little book to read a page of every now and then to update on the stories and get the overall gist. Recommended if you have a passing interest in knowing what's in the Bible or updating. A clever idea.
on 23 May 2015
Even though, I don't read the Bible in my life, I feel this is a good download because I think, this type of story would be appeal to Christians in my honest opinion.

Bye for now.