5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
As a vicar I bought copies of this for our young mums group to introduce them to the Bible. They got hooked! They thought it was excellent! It is a good quick read to give an oversight and start discussion. I've kept a number of copies to give to 'enquirers' in my parishes!
Published on 1 Jun 2009 by Revd Barker

3.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING
Published 14 months ago by Mrs. J. E. M. Napier

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 1 Jun 2009
Revd Barker - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good summary: nice idea, 28 Oct 2008
Steve Roche (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 100-Minute Bible (Paperback)
Not sure how this would be for somebody who did not know the original at all... but I came to it having been taught quite a lot about the Bible during childhood. After a very long gap it was good to read this and be reminded of these stories. I'm not a Christian but still appreciate the historical and cultural significance.
It does what it says on the cover: presenting a summary of the main facts, parables, poetry and teachings from the Bible in 50 easily readable one-page chunks, along with helpful maps. The only jarring note was the slightly patronising preface. Otherwise excellent, and a great idea - I'd like to see similar summaries of other great works of literature.

3.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 14 Feb 2013
Mrs. J. E. M. Napier (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 100-minute Bible (Paperback)
I like the idea behind this book - enabling people to get an idea of the complete Bible in a short time. A lot of hard work must have gone into its production, and the maps are useful. However, I would have liked more of the Old Testament, especially as this is the part of the Bible with which most of us are least familiar. There are 17 chapters on the Old Testament, and 33 on the New Testament. This imbalance results in the O.T. chapters mentioning so many characters, so briefly, that it is difficult to get our head round them all.The whole O.T.section is just too pared down. For example, the Ark of the Covenant is briefly mentioned as 'a wooden chest'. No explanation that it contained the stone tablets of the 10 Commandments, and that the Israelites believed God's presence came onto the Ark. This was the Israelites' holiest item of worship - virtually dismissed as 'a wooden chest'! On the whole, though, useful for a quick overview of the Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick read, 9 Mar 2011
This review is from: The 100-Minute Bible (Paperback)
An excellent introduction for anyone unsure of the contents of the bible without reading all of the books within it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the car, 14 April 2010
Mrs. E. T. Margrave (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 100-minute Bible (Audio CD)
I use this in my car and have recently lent it to a partially sighted woman who doesn't know much about christianity.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: The 100-minute Bible (Paperback)
this is very good book very simple to read and standard english. my only dislike is that the material used is too basic. No coulour

5.0 out of 5 stars brought 4 friend, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: The 100-minute Bible (Paperback)
Don't know I brought this book 4 a friend. Guess he liked it that why I give it 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overview, 14 April 2013
This was a really easy to read, brief overview of the Bible. I read it as a resource whilst undertaking a reading of the Bible in a year as events happened so it helped with the flow of events. Very helpful for someone with a limited knowledge of the Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quick reference to the Bible, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: The 100-minute Bible (Audio CD)
I wanted something to listen to that would put the contents of the Bible into layman's easy listening and this is exactaly what this CD did for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 22 Aug 2011
The Earl Of Kimberley "Lord John" (Bucks, England) - See all my reviews
For people who never have read the Bible or know very little about it, this little book provides a great way into the stories and giving the big picture. yes it skips over much, but in such a book, that is inevitable.

We let some in a study group look at it and they asked for their own copies, because it really helped fill in the things they did not know. I have the Kindle version and find it a good source for ways of setting the context of a sermon on a particular passages.

ARRAY(0xa918a06c)

The 100-Minute Bible
The 100-Minute Bible by Helen Jenkins (Paperback - 21 Sep 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01