5.0 out of 5 stars Essential guide for students, teachers, researchers and librarians
An outstandingly comprehensive and useful guide which I would recommend to everyone doing original research for writing an essay, dissertation, research paper or book, including all students at secondary and higher education levels, their teachers and/or supervisors, authors, librarians and other non-academic researchers.

Despite the level of very necessary...
Published on 29 Mar. 2009 by A Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic guide but not that comprehensive
This is excellent as a basic introduction and the layout is very clear. However, I would have preferred to see more than one example of each type and, given the amount of "white space" in this book, I feel there would have been space to do this. I would also have liked to see more information on citing different editions (especially dates to use where, say, the book I'm...
Published on 24 Sept. 2011 by Moominmamma

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It does cite them right, 8 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Cite them right: the essential referencing guide (Paperback)
I had come across this product in the university library and was very impressed by it. But they all disappeared when deadlines came around. So I decided to buy one.
The referencing system used is Harvard, and this book goes through all the possible sources of research. This is from basic books to podcasts, and audio-visual material. For me personally as a law student, it shows the correct way of referencing cases, Acts of Parliament and other Government documents.
The book is very user friendly, and clearly shows how a piece of information should be set out in both the essay and bibliograpthy/reference list. It can be used for by all students, either undergrad or postgrad. I have recoomendended it to a friend who is starting a PHD, and when they looked at my copy they were impressed by the clarity and detail.
If you have any problems with referencing, I would recommend this book, plus it does not cost much, as other standard txt books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cite them Right, 11 Dec. 2009
Essential for all writing which requires referencing using the Harvard style. Indepth explainations, including examples of how the references look in the text and in the bibliography. Our uni is now using this as the marking guide for referencing. We are yet to find something that we can't reference using this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 26 Mar. 2013
This text book is very informative and easy to follow, it shows you the correect way to cite all forms of media.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever !!, 25 Mar. 2013
Brought this as part of my MBA pack,
Recvd it in excellent condition and delivery was superb with no delays

This book is a must have for any one who follows Harvard Referencing. My classmates who use this book got excellent reviews from the Lecturers

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me write my dissertation!, 24 Mar. 2013
This book was so helpful to ensure my references were accurate. It was easy to use and gave lots of examples of correct references.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cite Them Right, 19 Mar. 2013
This is a great study guide to anyone who needs to reference either at undergraduate or postgraduate level. It is comprehensive and easy to use. It has been recommended by my lecturers as ' the guide you cannot do without.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 18 Mar. 2013
Couldnt have got through my assignments without this book, all of my referencing was graded very good as a result of this book, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly buy this book, 21 Feb. 2013
This is a fairly simple but extensive guide to citing almost anything properly when you write. I wish I had had it long ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - does exactly what it says, 15 Feb. 2013
This was a recommnedation as part of the Masters Degree that I am doing, having not been in formal education for a number of years this book was an invaluable guide to ensuring that citations were made correctly in text and within the reference list.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great investment for any degree course, 29 Jan. 2013
This book was recommended by my university - I'm studying a social work degree.

It is well worth the money and I have used it loads! Harvard referencing made easy!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

Cite them right: the essential referencing guide
Cite them right: the essential referencing guide by Graham Shields (Paperback - 15 Aug. 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01