5.0 out of 5 stars dry humour to liven up wet christmas hours, 3 Dec 2007
This review is from: Noel and Ellen's Strange and Wonderful History of the Dreaded Christmas Newsletter (Hardcover)
An excellent read and an ideal gift for christmas presents for all readers - informative and yet the observations on life just make you either laugh out loud or wry smile in shared agreement with the author. Wonderful stuff- should be in the front of all book stores this year

5.0 out of 5 stars Can This Be How I Sound?!, 1 Dec 2007
I Googled my name and found myself here. So I bought the book. As a writer of Christmas Round-Robins, I have to ask myself if I sound anything like the self-centred, pompous, full of herself, narrator of this very funny mickey-take. I do hope note, but I shall find it hard to take myself seriously when writing them in future! A very clever book. Give it to your friends. And your enemies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss out!!, 27 Nov 2007
This witty little collection of letters is a brilliant book to amuse oneself with, ideal for traveling as you can dip in and out of it but maybe even better as a present - particularly for those friends who do indeed always send the ridiculous Christmas newsletter!

5.0 out of 5 stars History with a twist!, 28 Nov 2007
P. J. Downer (Cowes, England) - See all my reviews
A brilliant read which had me laughing out loud. This is an irreverent and very witty book, cleverly viewing historical events from a modern-day perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Letter from Ian, 11 Dec 2007
Dodger "Art" (Fantasy Island) - See all my reviews
Unlike the usual formulaic fare found in the bookshelves under humour, Noel Turner's book is witty, incisive, original, full of intelligent scholastic humour and is worth every penny for his version of the Jabberwocky. As soon as I got it hom and opened its pages I was quoting whole sections to family and friends. Sharp, get in the knifebox, Noel

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice fonts!, 8 Dec 2007
W. K. HARRIS "author" (Isle of Wight, England) - See all my reviews
This is such an entertaining book. It's funny and witty, but don't be fooled. It will exercise your grey matter and teach you a thing or two.

8.70