5.0 out of 5 stars The Very Best, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: Dark Side of the Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and the Fate of the Universe (Hardcover)
I consider myself, in the most modest way possible, to fit into the "intelligent layman" group of readers of Science books. I have a moderate to high understanding of high level physics, and can cope with more advanced concepts if they are presented to me in the right way. If this describes you as well, this book will be perfect for you. I have been very interested in the subject of Dark Matter for a while, and I recently decided to research it in a little more detail. Unfortunately, I found that almost all books on the subject fitted into two categories: the pop-sci, which did not go into any detail of the mathematics involved, and talked about just the history behind it, and the high-level journals, which gave me headaches trying to read them. This book is illustrated with many, many helpful diagrams, and is written in a helpful, but not condescending textbook style, which makes handling the more advanced concepts easier. I am surprised that this book hasn't been publicised more- it's, in my opinion, absolutely fantastic. he only other book I enjoyed as much as this one on the topic is John Boslough's "Masters of Time", which now seems to be out of print. By all means, go for this book, and you won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written with excellent illustrations, 5 Nov 2013
Probably the best recent book on dark energy and dark matter available to the general public.
I was surprised by the excellent quality of the book - almost coffee table standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best read so far on dark matter and dark energy, 2 Sep 2013
I love the way in which quite complex ideas are explained in everyday terms. A must read for everyone who wonders where everything has gone!

Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available