5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 22 May 2005
This review is from: Plus One (Paperback)
Plus One tells the story of Adam Fortune, a man who rises from pretty much nowhere to a spot on reality TV, only to end up on the run accused of murder.
Along the way there are some great lines and memorable characters (particularly fast-talking drug-dealer Speedy Pete and sardonic drag queen Kevin), but it's the image of the Rascal (an eccentric, heartbroken recluse) that really sticks in the mind and forms the core of this novel.
Overall, it's a great read - sometimes funny, sometimes very sad - with a great sense of atmosphere.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Present, 6 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Plus One (Paperback)
I had never heard of Graeme Larmour or Plus One before being given this book as a Christmas present from my beloved. Consequently it went straight to the bottom of my reading pile - a mistake I won't make again!
From the onset we know the book's narrator is waiting to be executed, but for what or by whom we don't know. Throughout the remainder of the story, the web of the narrator's downfall is spun with more cliffhangers and unexpected plot developments than the standard soap opera.
A thoroughly satisfying read, whatever Larmour puts out next will be right at the top of my reading pile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 16 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Plus One (Paperback)
This book is clever, witty and thought provoking. I've read it about ten times now and it never ceases to be a page turner. I really did laugh out loud many times, it still made me snigger when I read it most recently. I highly recommend this book and can't wait to read Graeme's next novel.

Plus One
Plus One by Graeme Larmour (Paperback - 9 May 2005)
Used & New from: £4.09