5.0 out of 5 stars Sleepless nights ahead, not just one DAWN !!!!, 22 Jun. 2013
Iris Krummenohl (Antwerp/Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Read by Dawn: Volume One: 1 (Bloody Books) (Paperback)
I just love short stories and I just love horror. If you are like me, you won't be disappointed ! Of course, some (many !!!) stories are better than others (very few !!!), that's only normal - but overall I was scared out of my wits so much, that I ordered volume 2 as well. (Need I say more ?)
The horror of some of these stories will linger with me - and you ! - for more than just one dawn, I tell you !!!

The only thing that saddens me, is that there seem to be no books with short-stories (or novels) by most of the authors just of themselves - I searched and searched ..... for example Bryce J. Stevens (his short story in this book "Payday" is so good, that I REALLY wanted to read more from him, loads more !!!! But there seems to be only ONE other short-story by him in another volume...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Horror Anthology, 10 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Read by Dawn: Volume One: 1 (Bloody Books) (Paperback)
This is an excellent horror anthology. I'd recommend it to anybody really, not just horror fans. These stories don't rely on blood and gore to send a chill down your spine.

Among the best are, "Last Day on the Job" by Jeff Jacobson, "The Face in the Glass" by Brian G. Ross and "The Bridge Chamber" by Rayne Hall, the ending of which is what true horror is all about.

Incidentally, "The Bridge Chamber" was one of the stories receiving a 'Honorable Mention' in another anthology, 'The Year's Best Fantasy & Horror 2007' compiled by Ellen Datlow, Kelly Link & Gavin J. Grant.

All in all a great read! Can't wait to check out the other books in the series too!

Read by Dawn: Volume One: 1 (Bloody Books)
Read by Dawn: Volume One: 1 (Bloody Books) by Stefan Pearson (Paperback - 2 April 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01