5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding murder mystery
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. A welcome departure from her usual present day whodunits, this historical mystery had me gripped. I know this sounds like a cliche, but I couldn't put it down!
Published on 25 Aug 2011 by Dr Mark Maudling

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Tudor murder mystery
Just finished this book and although quite enjoyable certainly not the best tudor murder mystery I have read. Interesting plot, but slow in places and a little fuffy. Not much substance and very easy to read. I found myself drifting away from the story and having to reread paragraphs I had missed.
If cheap on the Kindle I would probably read another book by the same...
Published 20 months ago by Vee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding murder mystery, 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Devil's Priest (Lady Katheryn Bulkeley Mystery) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 23 Feb 2012
Vixx H "vixx811" (Cannock, Staffs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I really enjoyed this book, it is slightly different from the other Kate Ellis books I've read before, where they mix modern day and history. This was set in the middle ages but was as compelling and gripping as a modern day mystery. Couldn't put it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Devil's Priest, 14 May 2012
I've not read anything by this author before, but as I enjoyed this book I would be inclined to choose another book by her. A good story with enough detail to paint the picture but not so much that it takes you away from the plot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to see a different main character, 18 April 2012
The main character is a female which I found unusual for an historical "detective" story. I enjoyed the descriptions of Liverpool and I was interested to read about the way the ex-monastery staff had to find a living after the Dissolution. The story kept my interest and the characters were quite well developed. My test is whether I would buy another book by the author and the answer is yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Devil of a read, 27 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Devil's Priest (Hardcover)
A most enjoyable novel set in 16th Century Liverpool.
The atmospheric scenes are painted very well and the storyline is fascinating from beginning to end.Overall,a recommended must read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Tudor murder mystery, 7 Aug 2012
If cheap on the Kindle I would probably read another book by the same author just to see what the future holds for the main character.
If the book costs less than a pound to buy give it a go, but don't waste lots of money on this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not her best book, 29 Aug 2009
G. Holborn - See all my reviews
Having enjoyed all Kate Ellis's other books, I was disappointed with this one. The problem with many detective-style books is how can the amateur detective get all the information to crack the crime? The heroine in this book, Lady Katheryn a 15th century ex-abbess, was not at all convincing. Kate Ellis has written most of her books with a policeman doing the detecting - a much better idea for her to work with - and much better books altogether. See The Merchant's House (The Wesley Peterson Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Devil's Priest, 15 Nov 2011
I picked up one of Kate Ellis's books a few years ago and enjoyed it so much I looked for all her previous books. I have them all and enjoyed each and everyone of them. I can't even say which was my favorite. I love her style of writing, the way she puts two stories in one. I am looking forward to her new book out in February.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 Mar 2014
Love Kate Ellis, she is an amazing writer, her books get you hooked in and you fine them hard to put down

3.0 out of 5 stars a relaxed mystery, 2 Mar 2014
a good read if you dont want to concentrate to hard and just want a nice easy no brainer read

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb3d4c144)

The Devil's Priest (Lady Katheryn Bulkeley Mystery)
The Devil's Priest (Lady Katheryn Bulkeley Mystery) by Kate Ellis (Paperback - 1 Aug 2006)
Used & New from: 0.24