on 17 May 2005
At last a book that shows your child what to do to be nice and appreciated rather than one promoting naughty behaviour. It gives straight forward advice for everyday life situations. It is brightly illustrated with little animals showing you what to do when you want to yawn or when seeing a friend in need to name but a few examples.
Every child should be given one to get a good start in (social) life!
Veronica
on 7 May 2005
This is a great little book that deserves it's place on every kid's bookshelf! Deceptively simple and carefully incisive, these cute, beautifully drawn vignettes will get them chuckling, yet hopefully the overall message of the importance of good manners and politeness will filter into their little heads.
A wonderful book!
on 1 April 2005
This lovely little book with bright pictures is absolutely enchanting. My children (2, 5, 8) adore the perfectly well behaved mouse and the not so cheeky monkey!
This is the perfect opportunity to teach your children politeness effortlessly.
on 17 March 2005
I found this a charming and original book. It just makes me smile that someone would dare to do a kids' book about manners! I like the ants queuing up to kiss their queen. The book is simple but has a long lasting appeal, you can enjoy chatting over the situations with your toddler. So often kids are only told about manners when they've already done something 'wrong' - this book gives you a chance to make the subject a friendly one you discuss together, not a finger-pointing one. The drawings have a sweet quirky appeal. Frankly I think it'd be rude to ignore this book.
on 17 May 2005
I have just bought this book for my 2 year-old and she has already picked up some good habits! Sharing and saying sorry are now natural to her. The world could do with more of these good tips. Every toddler should have a copy!
on 21 June 2014
Although packaged well and delivery was quick, when I opened the product I wasn't expecting to see so many dents, chips and dirt on the book. I had to clean the book, I know the product was cheap but wasn't expecting it in such bad condition.
on 4 August 2010
I have 2 young boys and the language used in this book is not children friendly. I would not recommend this book.
on 1 October 2015
Brilliant book. I wish I could find the French equivalent...
on 5 May 2010
I was a bit disappointed with this book as I thought it was very basic and the contents of it were very short - it actually seemed like I had reached the end of the book in a matter of seconds!! By the time I had finished reading it to my 4 year old daughter, she didn't seem interested in it. The book had very good reviews which is why I ordered it but it wasn't enough for me to keep it for my daughter so I decided to return it and ordered another book of a similar subject which is so much better and my daughter shows alot of interst when I read it to her.
on 14 July 2010
I can see what this book is trying to do and the fact it is aimed at 2-3 year olds, but I think it is a little boring. The manners it does cover are done in a sweet way, but it is very short and covers only a small handful of manners. It didn't interest my son (almost 3) much and he likes books normally. I think it could have got away with being a quite a lot longer and a bit more witty even for that age group.