on 10 October 2008
Whenever i go bouldering this book is always with me, its not that heavy either. It lists all the decent boulder problems that are worth doing. And its great for begginners like me because its not all about the harder grades it gives plenty of information about the easier stuff from 3s right to the badboys. Its also a good book to have a natter about all the problems with a few mates when not bouldering.
'Peak District Bouldering', as the name suggests, is a guide to the better known bouldering problems in the peak district. It is clearly illustrated in colour showing the routes up the rock, pointing out features and tips to succeed. There are also lots of pictures of climbers attempting the problems and pictures of the area just to add to the aesthetics. This book shows you where to park your car and which pathways to follow to access each climb, which is invaluable for those with no prior knowledge of the area. The main reason why I have marked this book down is that despite the huge price of this book (19.49 at time of writing), it also has lots of advertisement inside as well. I know that climbing books are specialised and for a niche market, but the high price coupled with advertisements sticks in the craw a bit. If you can overlook this and focus on the information inside I guess this is a minor flaw. This is quite a heavy book if you had to carry it in your rucksack all day, but it is of a good enough size to do exactly that, or you can just as easily leave it in the car for that final look before you set off. Overall, a good book, with some great information, written in a clear and informal style. Well worth a look.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 28 March 2013
Present for my son, which is what he had put on his wish list and he was very pleased with it