on 19 November 2008
Having only really started my love affair with The Gunners in the early 70's, my knowledge of 50's and 60's Highbury folklore was only patchy at best. The Charlie Buchan Arsenal Gift Book is the perfect cure for my ailment, packed to the brim as it is with great pictures of the star Arsenal players of the day, celebrity articles and some great stuff about the post war years of the late and much-missed Highbury.

I'm not bad on my McLintocks, Grahams, Armstrongs and Radfords but now I can bore them down at the North Bank pub with my knowledge of Lawton, Mercer, Kelsey!

A must for all who have entered into that Faustian pact of supporting Arsenal and definitely one to keep under the pillow at night!
on 4 November 2007
This was a fantastic read, bringing to life many of the great players from Arsenal's not too distant past. The articles describe the players lives and aspirations in a way that todays players would find hard to understand. Off the field lives were nicely sanitised and some even still had part-time jobs. But for any Arsenal supporter who remembers the teams of the 50s, 60s and 70s, it is compulsive reading and hard to resist chapter titles such as "the truth behind my move to the greatest club in the world" ( Bill Dodgin) or "they made me a goalkeeper because I was the smallest" (Jack Kelsey) plus the posed photos, brylcreemed hair and everchanging shorts and shirts.
on 7 March 2013
MY HUSBAND LOVED THIS BOOK, IT WAS HIS BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVERY YEAR IN THE 50S . EXCELLENT SERVICE AND PRODUCT
on 31 May 2015
Memories are made of this book