4.0 out of 5 stars An Account of Mourinho's career until he came to Chelsea
The book is an account of Mourinho's career until he signed up for chelsea in 2004. It gives you a insight into the man, how he thinks and some of his working tactics in football management. An account written by Mourinho's friend and Jose' Mourinho himself, it makes an interesting read.

I would recommend the book as a source of motivation and as a manual for...
Published on 4 July 2006 by Mr. T. G. Gidi

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much meat in it
There really wasn't as much information as I expected. Although, the guy who wrote it was close to TSO, he clearly is not a story teller. It is almost like reading a set list of facts and some inside gossip. The english in it is very poor. The first half was interesting and there were some insight into the great man himself. The second half though read like a list of...
Published on 7 April 2008 by T. Young

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 2 Oct 2010
This review is from: Jose Mourinho: Made in Portugal - the Authorised Biography (Paperback)
my friend is a big fan of Jose Mourinho. he was really happy when he received this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Book of the Year, 1 Dec 2005
By A Customer
The difference between this and a normal boring review: learning about the genius that is Jose Mourinho.
Is a very good book, showing how his confidence grew over the years. Shows that anyone can make it if they make hard decisions. Great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring...enlightening, 28 Dec 2007
This is a really good book explaining how 'The Special One' handles his life and career. Not only for those interested in football but also as a general guide to life. His determination is outstanding when you read through the book and one just have to admire his life principles, discipline, confidence, and how he is always prepared and works his socks off in everything that he does. His relatively quick rise to stardom is a testament to all the work he has put in which I think will ultimately make him one of the legendary managers of the game (if he isn't already!). And I'm not even a Chelsea fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 2 Jan 2005
Tom Moran (London, England) - See all my reviews
When I first got this book I expected a lot. It was my favourite Christmas present of all time, and Mourinho is an incredible, incredible man. When I began to read, I was somewhat disappointed that it didn't detail his earlier years, but as I read on I realised that I couldn't care less what it missed out - it is the most amazing book ever.
Ok here's a summary of the book - amazing. I do have one question - could Mourinho get any better? No.
I might buy another one of these books so I can wear one around my neck.
I read passages to my family when they are feeling down, ill, or just if I am feeling generous.
I go to hospitals and read passages to the sick and elderly to give them hope for the future.
In times of trouble I ask myself, what would Mourinho do in this situation. Then I remember - just beat everyone and then laugh.
So just buy this book. Buy it for yourself. Buy it for your parents. But in bulk to give out on the streets. Buy one for your partners Valentine's. Whatever you do, read this book and make sure you pass on the word of Mourinho.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jose Mourinho: Made in Portugal, 1 Dec 2005
This was my 1st book from amazon.co.uk I remembered me reading it straight from the book. I can't lay my hands out of it. Its one of those book which sucks you into their world and forget about everything else outside. One of the most interesting chapter was when Porto was on his way into winning its Uefa cup. That was chapter was described almost as real as the real thing. My passion and feelings were boiled up on that chapter and they finally did lift the cup, I let out a loud shout.

3.0 out of 5 stars An enigma surrounding the biography of one of my heros., 14 Feb 2014
Some time ago on holiday in Tenerife I found a hardback copy of JM's biography on the shelf and read most of it before I had to leave. When I saw this paperback biography on sale from Amazon at 99p I couldn't resist it even though the postage was several times more expensive than the book itself. The book arrived in good time and in spite of being described as "used" it was in mint condition. However, when I opened it I found that the first 30 pages were missing. I immediately reported this to Amazon and had a prompt and very polite reply from World of Books. They said that as the book was clearly sub-standard I should dispose of it and they would send a replacement immediately. This they did but consider my surprise 2 days later to receive another copy again in mint condition but again with the first 30 pages missing. For me it wasn't a great problem because I had already read about his early life and the end was more important. So I felt World of Books had done more than enough for the 99p and left it there. My feeling is that they had taken a delivery from the publishers who clearly had encountered a problem with the binding but I can't understand why someone hadn't checked the books before sending them out. In my case I am very satisfied with what I got and with the response from World of Books.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's all about me, 6 Jan 2009
A. Hasnath (England) - See all my reviews
Mourinho's mug on the cover of his auto-biography - wasn't to be expected was it?!

I think it is a relief that he has chosen to ply his trade overseas, giving us a break from his attention-seeking antics and cynical tactics (1-0 anyone?).

1.0 out of 5 stars tragedy, 9 July 2005
tom (Paderborn, Germany) - See all my reviews
This book is a complete insult to the word literature and I therefore thouroughly recomend anybody with self respect not to reed this so called book. The reason for my recomendation to not attempt to read this book is because it has a total lack of structure, tension or any of the countless ingredients for a literary success. In conclusion this book is an utter and complete tragedy.

1.0 out of 5 stars joses downfall, 9 July 2005
tom (Paderborn, Germany) - See all my reviews
This inadicute excuse of a book is by far the biggest insult to literature I have ever had the pain to read. The sheer lack of stucture, tension or any of the ingredients of a great literary peice is what made me bin the the book in outrage and pity at the author.

Jose Mourinho: Made in Portugal - the Authorised Biography
Jose Mourinho: Made in Portugal - the Authorised Biography by Jose Mourinho (Paperback - 1 Dec 2004)