5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for team building
I used this book for a team building exercise. The use of animals to describe communication styles was easily understood and very apt in most cases.
Published 5 months ago by j e swift

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
Published 4 months ago by Mr Lee Bestall

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for team building, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: "It's a Zoo Around Here": The New Rules for Better Communication (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Interesting and Easy Read, 2 Dec 2013
This book is very easy to read, and describes the types of characters you could have in the workplace, how to identify these personality traits in your current environment and how to deal with people in certain situations etc. Fun reading, a book to share and talk about :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Nov 2013
Fantastic and enlightening, I bought this after meeting the author and finding him to be very genuine and inspiring. The book is easy to read and is a must for any managers out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 27 Aug 2013
Absolutely fascinating read. Really enjoyed analysing my friends, colleagues and myself! Helps to bring a better understanding of other's behaviour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 1 July 2013
great book - really boiled down lots of research in to one fun read, ideal for creating workshops or for getting to know how top approach people better yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 24 Feb 2008
Yvonne Harley "trikeschick" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I first got a copy of this book a couple of years back and have recommended it to so many colleagues - both in the communications world and general business. Forget Myers Brigs and all the other irrelevant tests that try to analyse your character/preferences through stupid questions. Nigel's approach is for real people - let's them analyse themselves and those around them in a fun way. I'm a monkey by the way, which is probably why I hate Myers Brigs!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 15 Mar 2014
It's an interesting read and I now understand I'm a monkey, that my wife is a dolphin and that I work with a lion and another monkey (yes, we're very naughty together). But I was disappointed that the book only identifies which animals you are and doesn't tell you how to build teams of them or how they interact. Pretty expensive too for possibly the thinnest book I've ever bought. Many pages only have 2-3 phrases on too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for any communicator, 11 Nov 2012
If your Job, Profession, Hobbies or relationships requires that you need to be able to communicate clearly and effectively, then this is a MUST have in your tool box!
This simply and strategic distillation of knowledge and wisdom will allow you to not only communicate with power but reach every single person!

Don't put your ideas on a pedestal, put them into ACTION- GET THIS BOOK!

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost brilliant, 13 July 2009
Almost brilliant. I saw Nigel 'in action' at acference and bought the book following that. I read it in just over an hour and while insightful, I don't feel I got value for money. I have read it again and use some of it regularly with staff but this only works because they saw Nigel too and so the in-jokes work. I felt it needed more practical advice to warrant the cover price. I enjoyed it but.....
(I am most definitely a monkey)

5.0 out of 5 stars identify your place within the human tribe !, 25 May 2010
I've read other books by Nigel Risner, and must confess - he always presents excellent methods for lateral thinking !
this book is simply great in many ways, it's short concise, easy to grasp and understand and most of all enjoyable.
You can read the book in literally 2 hours (I'm a slow reader) and will have to refer back to it several times over - the amazing thing is that you learn so much about yourself and identify traits about your communication with others animals oops humans

A must have for anyone who has to deal with other human beings on a regular basis ! for business & personal

"It's a Zoo Around Here": The New Rules for Better Communication