5.0 out of 5 stars A winner
Myers has produced an important record of some astonishing times in radio; more than that it's a treasure chest of hilarious anecdotes beautifully told. Don't do what I did and start reading it on a busy day - it'll wreck your schedule.
Published 24 months ago by David Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, but don't expect any dirt to be dished...
"Team It's Only Radio" is an easy, entertaining read, but if you're expecting a no-holds-barred expose of the secrets of commercial radio, you'll be disappointed. John Myers, who has had a very succesful career in radio, both as a presenter and an executive (often at the same time) gives us his life story so far, and if you're interested in the workings of the industry...
Published 20 months ago by Bingojesus

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 13 Jan 2014
Well worth reading if you're interested in media and John Myers, if not, don't waste your money . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT READ!!, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Team, It's Only Radio! (Hardcover)
I remember listening to " John Morgan " on The Breakfast Show on Red Rose Radio in the 90s and was hooked daily! It was so light hearted and great fun and no breakfast show has come close to being as entertaining.
Therefore, when I saw this book by John Myers and it's excellent reviews, I knew I had to buy it and by hec, I'm so pleased I did.
It is written with passion and a great deal of humour. Some of the things that went on in the early days of commercial radio is just so funny to read about. Plus, I have never ever laughed so much when reading about some of the listeners who took part in the competitions live on air. Gems. Every one, a gem!
There are also sad moments and serious moments, but John Myers brings us a genuine, down to earth insight into his life. As he says in his book: " You can take the lad out of Carlisle, but you will never take Carlisle out of the lad "
Highly recommended. 5 out of 5. Brilliant read. Hope there's a Book 2 !
Team, It's Only Radio!

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational and motivating, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Team, It's Only Radio! (Hardcover)
As a young person looking to get into radio myself i found this book inspirational as well as motivating. It contains stories of John's great progression through the media industry. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the media industry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 13 Oct 2013
I don't read books, but I did read this and felt so connected to some of the situations John found himself in whilst being on the air.

I share his passion for radio, and totally love the medium... . I never made it as far as John, but find he is so open and honest in everything he does.

I have learnt a lot about myself in this book and one day who knows, maybe I'll get to learn from John first hand, it's this kind of person that was missing from my radio journey.

Well done John, you have done so much and done it well, you have my total respect.

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining read - needs a bit of editing though, 28 Aug 2013
Mr. C Coulson - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
John Myers has written a very entertaining book about his life in commercial radio. It does jump about a bit with events and there's a bit of repetition - It could have done with a good edit. Even so it's a fascinating insight of commercial radio as it used to be and worth a couple of hours of your time.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAN- TASTIC, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Team, It's Only Radio! (Hardcover)
What an absolutely FAN-TASTIC book,one minute I was crying with laughter ,then with sadness ,this book covers all emotions ,dealing with a time when radio was fun ,and John was the most fun radio person of the time ,and being a radio anorak from the 60's I'd say of all time,reading this book brought it all back ,even if you're not interested in radio you should read this book to see how determination succeeds !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed out loud, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Team, It's Only Radio! (Hardcover)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book from start to finish . There were numerous occasions I laughed out loud
At johns stories of his early days in Carlisle and his radio Antics .also sensitive description of his relationship with his father and his death .
There was the insight to the business man building his radio career to the success he enjoyed buying and selling his radio stations .
The boy , as they say ,as done good !!!! Another harraby boy who as succeeded beyond anyone , including himself s, expectations .
Now waiting for the follow up.
Strongly recommend as it as something for everyone , written in a Light hearted, humorous manner as if he s sitting chatting to you . Thank you for a great read !!!! Best wishes

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book for anyone interested in radio, 17 Feb 2013
Loved this booked, John's recollections are fascinating. He is honest about his take on 'big' radio in the UK. The book also shows a very grounded man with a devotion to his Wife and family through a high powered radio career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Radio Buffs delight, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Team, It's Only Radio! (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my husbands christmas as it was one that had been recommended to him and he was delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Team It's Only Radio, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Team, It's Only Radio! (Hardcover)
Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down. Written by Mr Radio, funny yet gripping. I know John and he tells it as it is. A must read

Team, It's Only Radio!
Team, It's Only Radio! by John Myers (Hardcover - 29 Oct 2012)