on 29 March 2009
This is one book that could be my bible. It shows what happens inside the literary world and it does it with ease.
Obviously, there may be things that we can disagree with but that will always be personal opinions. Stone may be tongue-in-cheek but there is an element of serious facts here. The sarcasm is easily seen and you would have to be blind not to see it.
It has certainly opened my eyes and has made me realise a lot of things that needed to be changed in the literary world! I have even praised it on my blog called Chronicles of a Creative Writer. Thanks Chancery!
I recommend this book for everyone who has a passion for reading or writing!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 24 February 2009
This is the kind of book that you read for the humour the scathing remarks and the blatent flaunting of all the rules. Yet it is so cleverly written that you find yourself learning things that quite frankly none of the other how to books teach you.
It may be intended as a tongue in cheek guide to writing the novel but it actually shows up some major points that are often over looked by other 'how to' authors.
I would consider it a must for all writing groups and creative writing courses. It takes away so much of the pompous attitude too many writers have about themselves.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again