Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 January 2009
I used this CD and the book and CD hynobirthing. I was terrified at the thought of giving birth and spent much of my pregnancy obsessing about it. This was my first baby and all my life I have worried about how it would be and of course everyone loves to tell you how bad giving birth is. So with the use of this CD and the mentioned book I used them every day to try to reduce the anxiety.
Well the result was a 4 hour birth which was quite enjoyable actually and I was not in agony at all! I had gas and air just because it was there really and a laugh with my husband inbetween contractions which were more powerful than painfull. I showed up to the hospital at the pushing stage as we didnt realise I was so far on. The dilation stage was very quick just a few hours and the only time that I did feel a bit of panic was when we were in the house and I didnt realise that I was about to push. If I can do it anyone can. I suppose I will never know if having a great birth was down to these hynosis CDs or just down to luck but for me it was the best money I ever spent as I would have spent thousands of pounds to have a great birth as I am sure any woman would who only gets "horror" stories from well meaning friends. In fact hardly anyone wants to know my great birth story as I dont think they believe me. It was soo empowering and exciting that I would do it again tomorrow. My son seemed to enjoy it too as he was sucking his thumb just shortly after birth and hardly cried at all and still is a chilled out little boy which everyone mentions.

Hope this helps and good luck to anyone in the same situation as me a few months ago.
on 7 November 2004
I was pleasantly surprised by how easy to use this CD really is. From the first time I used it I began to feel the benefits of using the relaxation and breathing techniques, and the visualisation exercises are wonderful.
I have a very busy stressful job as a social worker and it has helped me cope much better as I'm reaching the final weeks.
I feel incredibly positive as I'm nearing the birth of my baby not only through using the techniques on the CD but also from feeling that I am taking back some control of how I want to experience the birth of my first child. I highly recommend it!
on 1 May 2006
A blend of information and positive suggestion, with guided visualisation, hypnosis. Very, very well produced, and Tina's voice sounds great on CD. Really ought to be included in the bag of useful things (Bounty Bag) given to each expecting mum!
on 22 May 2014
I found out about this hypnobirthing CD from a review on the NCT website for a different audio hypnosis product and decided to give it a whirl. I've tried a few free hypnobirthing apps but the voices just irritated me - not very relaxing. I've tried a Paul Mckenna CD for flying fears and love his style and this audio is the closest I've found in a female version. I still have 3 months to go before my due date but I'm not a fan of hospitals and often have high blood pressure readings when I go in - this CD says that it can help with this. Well, I went to hospital yesterday for a jab and have to say, after listing to the hypnosis part only three times, I really felt more at ease. So far I'm impressed and will definitely keep up with listening to this everyday if possible to help feel more relaxed about the up and coming birth. I'm a worrier so I'm really terrified about this! as are most first time mothers I'm sure. Anything that can help with relaxation has got to be a bonus.
on 3 November 2003
This is an excellent CD with content by Tina Taylor and superb music and production from Nick Kemp, well known as the creator of Human Alchemy. The CD is deeply relaxing and uses sounscapes and hypnotic language to generate magical states of well being. It also offers practical insights into childbirth and is highly recommended!
on 27 January 2015
This CD makes me calm and relaxed. I tried few different CD's about giving birth but this one have the nicest and the warmest voice and is not annoying. I had very quick delivery, stayed calm and concentrate on breathing techniques. Don't know if it was coincident or this CD but I would buy it again.
on 14 April 2014
Highly recommend to all. I was very much wanting a holistic labour and ended up not going into hospital until I was 6cm and have birth 1.5hours later with no pain relief. Will definitely use again next time :)