5.0 out of 5 stars A modern taoist classic
More than any of Chee Soo's other books I can see this being one I'm likely to re-read many times. Although the book has a lot of depth it is also very accessible.

Published on 19 Oct 2006 by Justin Knight

3.0 out of 5 stars Condition
Cover slightly bent, other than that very good condition. Bought for husband, personally I would rather a little more information about e Tao. This is more of a quick reference to proverbs, and in that respect it is very pleasing.
Published 5 months ago by Siobhan

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern taoist classic, 19 Oct 2006
Justin Knight (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tao of My Thoughts: The Inner Thoughts of a Modern Taoist Master (Taoist Arts of the Lee Style) (Hardcover)

The heart of the book is 8 chapters of Chee Soo's thoughts on the Tao and comes across similar to the Tao Te Ching but being written more recently and in English makes it much easier to digest. These 8 chapters are brilliant and resonated very strongly with me - this book could well become one of the taoist classics.

The appendix contains a short but valuable insight into Chee Soo's life through a transcript of a conversation with his Widow Marilyn. For people like me who weren't fortunate enough to have met him it is a nice addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars A profoundly simple book, 14 Dec 2006
In all the years I've studied this subject, I've come across so many academic manuals, scholarly works and literary treatises that I was beginning to despair of ever finding anything which expressed the fundamental simplicity of this philosophy, and its practical down-to-earth nature. This book changed my perception that the Tao couldn't be written about at all.

The aphorisms are simple throughout, but they are profound. I read a lot of them very soon after I got the book, but it was only when I went back a second, third and fourth time that I began to appreciate just how much depth there was beneath the surface. As with all the best taoist writings, what looks superficial is actually extremely deep, and what seems incredibly complex is, conversely, nearly always very simple.

This book is a masterpiece of advice for the modern reader who wants to try to put this philosophy into action in a meaningful way in their everyday lives. If a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, then the first step should be to buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taoism in its simplicity - the genuine deal, 12 Dec 2006
J. J. Fitzsimmons (England) - See all my reviews
Although I never met Chee Soo (he lived just down the road from me) I continue to be inspired by his teachings and down to earth approach to Taoism. Taoism as told through the thoughts of a genuine modern master. Simply laid out and to the heart of Taoism there is no other book out there that will come close to portraying the fundamentals of Taoism as this one. A book for all levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inside the mind of a Grandmaster, 19 Nov 2006
R. Simpson "Rachel Simpson" (The Midlands) - See all my reviews
I have been studying Taoism for 19 years , for me this book is a manual to help me progress further with my studies.

I was extremely lucky to meet Chee Soo he was an inspiration to me at a time in my life when I was facing a serious illness which he helped me to overcome. He taught me to face up to the challenges in my life & to train constantly to live closer to the Tao, this book has been hidden for many years but now it is here for all to benefit from & I for one was glad to learn more about Taoism from such a respected Teacher.

I hope it will help you to see that Taoism isn't something weird & mystical but a practical way of living your life that is just as relevant today as it was in the past.

3.0 out of 5 stars Condition, 27 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars tai chi, 4 Sep 2013
P R DEAN (LLANIDLOES, POWYS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I study tai chi, the lee style, and these books by chee soo help me no end with my studies