on 22 May 2011
I LOVE this book. Its best feature is the 2 page overview of all countries covered and the best time to go. This is absolutely essential information and I have been surprised to find that other diving books don't spend much attention to that.

Each location is covered on 4 pages and includes: a map of the area, visibility info, must see dive sites, downsides (i.e. crowded, difficult to get to, expensive...), getting there, visa and money information. In about 2 pages of text, he discusses the dive area in general and then focuses on a few specific dive sites. There are also always a few recommendations for dive organisations. The photography is very impressive.

To be able to buy a dive book of this standard at such a low price is an absolute steal.

When planning holidays, I use Monty's book in combination with Footprint, Diving the World and those 2 give me all the info I need! But if you can only buy one, buy Monty's.

Highly recommended!