on 19 May 2013
In this book, Mr. Marchessini says what misogynists have been thinking for years: women should pick their clothing based entirely on what makes men's genitals the most tumescent. And, further, that not dressing in the way that makes Marchessini's genitals the happiest is not a harmless personal decision, but hostile behavior towards all men.

Here's how Marchessini puts it: "Walk along any street and you see women using trousers like a uniform every single day. This is hostile behaviour. They are deliberately dressing in a way that is opposite to what men would like."

As a guide to the sexual desires of a specific billionaire shipping magnate turned author, this book is invaluable. If you desire something other than a guide to the details of Mr. Marchessini's libido, you may want to buy a different book.
on 17 May 2013
Reading any more than a few lines of this pile of nonsense is enough to turn reasonable people into murderers. Warning: do not read! Sexist, offensive, stupid, wrong, inaccurate....
on 28 January 2014
Hits the nail on the head. Well researched and argued. If women wear trousers and men have long hair, how will closet dwellers like Demetri be able to tell which is which? Plain common sense.
on 22 May 2013
As a feminist, I am particularly offended and disgusted by this book. Emmeline Pankhurst, Millicent Fawcett, and all of the other feminists campaigning in WW1 endured horrible treatments in order to allow women to get the vote and be more accepted by men. Women are not play-things who can be dressed up to arouse men. "Countless women who would look lovely in dresses or skirts are embarrassingly unattractive in trousers" is one of the quotes at the beginning of the book, and it just gets worse. This man is more concerned with what a woman looks like than what she thinks or what she is. Equality is imperative in a civilised society, and "Women in Trousers" ignores this- the author believes that women are just in existence to be attractive to men and bear children. Most of the book is about the fact that trousers don't make women as attractive to men, or as feminine as skirts do. It makes me nauseous.
I do wonder how this was published, and who on Earth could buy it and live with themselves. Some people in the world, including this sexist pig of a man, deserve to face the same torment that the feminists in WWI did. Do not read this book if you have any 'soul' or any respect for women. The world needs equality, and this is something that turns it in the other direction, the WRONG direction.
on 2 August 2012
A true tour-de-force. Not a crease is left un-pressed or a seam left unstitched in this wonderful appraisal of all things trouserly in the context of the feminine form. The sheer audaciousness of the writing defies description. This is cutting edge contemporary writing at its very best. Quite why this book is not up there with the likes of "Three Collars Blue - an appraisal of the shirt in contemporary Poland " and "Hose life is it anyway? - a critique in praise of Nylon Stockings" is beyond me. Indeed I might go so far as to suggest that this work may supplant the great magnum opus "Gussets - an inside story". Full of rich insights into the perception of the female form as viewed from behind clearly written by someone with a clear appreciation and understanding of the feminine form. Anecdotes and quips a-plenty. I laughed until I stopped. I await the second volume with eager anticipation. I am in fact, panting at the prospect of what delights this author will turn-up with next!
on 9 June 2014
I expected a book requiring a certain amount of reading. In fact this is a collection of photos, taken by Adrian Mott, each with a quotable quote associated with it, followed by a brief caption by the author. It's very nicely produced. The views expressed, of course, are totally politically unacceptable in today's climate. But I enjoyed it. Heaven knows what my two daughters will think of me!
on 10 August 2013
Amazing discovery I made when I came across this in one of my searches. I thought I was the only one who felt this way about this and found it bizarre the way women have dressed for what seems like forever. By the way, I am not some 80 year conservative fart. I am a 26 year old young man, that simply finds todays ways of women's dress appalling. The guy tells it like it is, plain and simple, and I wonder if this is the first time something like this has ever been published on the subject. Even just by reading the introduction, I found myself going "My God, This is how I feel EXACTLY". He really hit the nail on the head, and this is the answer to ALL that feminist BS that's out there. I'm just happy that there are still people left in the world who have taste and it seems this man knows more about how women look then they do about themselves. This book should really be a wake up call to women everywhere. I am a man, and take it from me, pants on women is NOT appealing. It never has been. Judgeing from the completely ridiculous ignorance and obvious feminist monkeys commenting here, I would say that people today are simply a bunch of idiots with no taste or class at all. Let me guess what they probably look like: green hair with tattoos all over the arm and neckline with piercing on the nose and tounge with a ACDC t shirt and black lipstick. Yep, todays world is a scary place for a old fashioned guy like me when you have freaks like this to contend with. Lets scream "sexist!" and "macho idiot!" when someone has the guts to tell it like it is, that women do indeed look terrible when they try to wear pants and look like men. Wake up people!

Alot of girls today talk and behave like guys, even dress like guys. Feminity seems lost on todays women, its really quite depressing for us men looking for love in a world filled with "macho" women.

Another thing I noticed over the years that I simply don't get is when women stopped wearing skirts. I notice jeans and trousers on women have become the norm over the years, I even see old men wearing jeans and sneakers, and it looks very off. I miss the days when men wore suits and dressed up a bit when they went out, and women wore dresses. God only knows how beautiful a woman looks in a dress and a skirt, its just one of the lovliest things they can wear, especially those long flowey ones that's come up to the ankle or calf. THAT is the kind of thing I most appreciate dress wise about a woman. But how often do you see that today? It's disgraceful what flies in todays world. A woman who is proud of her femininity and knows how to dress like one would be highly appreciated by me, but there aren't many out there. This book touches an important yet overlooked part of womens fashion that I will defiantly recommend to the women in my life.
2020 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse