on 9 February 2010
I picked this book up in the Coventry Transport Museum shop, as it had a guide in the back to the city's Two-Tone trail.

There is something quite fascinating about the first part, however; it is completely unfocused and seems to have no shape or purpose. The punctuation is beyond appalling, and the book badly needed to be proofread and corrected before going to press.

What saves it is the writer's passion for his subject, and it is that which makes it weirdly unputdownable.
on 2 January 2011
This is going to be short and sweet. I was very disappointed with this book. I have followed the great black and white phenomenon since it started...old man now. I opened this in great anticipation and to be honest by the end of the book felt that I had wasted my money. Sorry Pete but I have read a lot lot better about 2 Tone and did not want or need to know so much about Coventry.
To sum up, Coventry fans will love this book, 2 Tone fans will want to read ska'd for life instead.
on 27 May 2014
For people who were glad the Specials got back together. Bits and pieces you may not know about the record label, even if you're a fan, and some background to get up your interest in Coventry ska.

Pete Chambers always kept the faith, even when 2-Tone was unfashionable, and works hard for the 2-Tone cause.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 November 2008
2-Tone-2: Dispatches from the Two Tone City, 30 Years on

If like me you grew up during the 2Tone era, then this is the book for you. It's the most definitive guide to the history of the Specials and 2 Tone. Showing and explaining the various locations around Coventry that were instrumental in the creation of 2Tone. The people who made it happen, and 30th Anniversay plans.Pete Chambers is a fountain of knowledge. Money well spent.
11 comment2 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse