Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 August 2015
The Colour of Black & White is a really enjoyable collection of poems. I didn’t enjoy the poems as much as her other collection, Dreaming Frankenstein & Collected Poems 1967-1984 that I read recently but I really enjoyed them. I was delighted when reading the biographial information to learn than Lochhead is from my neck of the woods. She was born in Motherwell, Lanarkshire and grew up in Newarthill, Lanarkshire. I grew up in Newarthill. That’s sort of cool. Lochhead writes the sort of poems I love to read and write. Each poem is a little story, a snapshot of experiences and events. She conveys the emotions, life experiences and feelings in 40 lines that some writers take 90,000 words to do. My favourites in the collection are, The Beekeeper, The Baker, Lanarkshire Girls, After the War, A Night In, The Bride, Renfield’s Nurse and My Way. I’d highly recommend this collection.
on 19 August 2013
I have always loved Liz Lochead's poetry, her perceptive visual awareness and Willie Rodger's linocuts just make this a beautiful book to have, sad, humorous, perceptive work of life from two very talented people , a treasure.
on 4 June 2015