This book is great - it is very well written and easy to understand. It is absolutely perfect for people starting out. It will have you eating raw food the very next day and itching to convert fully in no time.

Published on 9 Jun 2010 by Miss Tara Molloy

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't throw the baby out with the bath water
Do you want the good news or bad news first?

Published on 26 Nov 2007 by M. Varela Garrido

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is fantastic, but you do need some money in your pocket!, 9 Jun 2010
Miss Tara Molloy "White Raven" (Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Detox Your World: Quick and Lasting Results for a Beautiful Mind, Body and Spirit (Paperback)

I have been a strict veggie for about 18 years, dabbling in the world of veganisim when I have the will power to avoid cakes and milk chocolate (damn you milkybars!) so the transition to raw food diet is probably easier for me than somebody who eats and enjoys animal products on a regular basis.

Summer would be the perfect time to start your detox - eating raw food in warm weather will ensure that you are adjusted to your new diet in time for the winter where you automatically start craving hot comfort foods.

The only downside is that a number of the recipes need a dehydrator and although this piece of kit can be picked up for around £100 it means you may have to save your pennies for a bit before you can fully enjoy this book to the full. The alternative is to put the food in the oven with the door open and some items need to be dehydrated for 6+ hours. I don't know how the cooking times will need to be adjusted for this method but I would be concerned about my electric/gas bill and the possible fire risk as I don't have the time to watch an oven for this long :)

The recipes are delicious but took me a few days to get used to as I am so used to eating cooked, processed foods. The benefits of increasing your fruit and veg intake are almost instant. After a week or so you will feel energised and become more inclined to reach for a piece of fruit or bowl of veg instead of a chocolate bar or bowl of chips! And if like me you have a sweet tooth and no time (or are short of cash!) to prepare one of Shazzies heavenly raw puddings raw food bars are available in Tesco - so there are no excuses!

To fully enjoy a few of the recipes you need some 'magic' superfood powders. They are curious, delicious and fantastic but as all specialist health food can be quite expensive. It would be better if you started the raw food conversion with a friend or two so that you can spread the cost of some of these ingredients but once purchased and stored correctly they do last a long time.

The raw food world is exciting and extremely interesting. I am constantly looking for recipes and books to expand my raw food knowledge. Shazzie and will have you hooked on her every crazy word.

Make sure you have some of those sticky tabs with you when you sit down to read this book - you will be referring back to a number of sections on a daily/hourly basis!

5.0 out of 5 stars A passionate, insightful guide to detox, 6 April 2006
Having been lucky enough to meet the author of this book I can vouch for her passion, energy and commitment to the raw food/detox lifestyle.
This book is not only brimming with recipes that are non-terrifying for those new to detox but is also full of useful information (for example stockists, websites, books) as well as success stories and a thorough overview of the whole detox experience. It provides an informative, balanced argument for healthy living and, whilst it is naturally biased to one side of the debate, never ends up being preachy.
If you want to kick - start your new lifestyle this is the best place to start.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and inspirational introduction to raw food, 28 Dec 2008
This was my very first raw food book, and I have to say I loved it. It really inspired me to look at my lifestyle and habits, and as a consequence I have changed many things in my life. In particular, more raw and organic food, and I have changed a lot of my beauty habits.

Her style is easy to read, and is very accessible for anyone, regardless of how far along they are on the raw, or green journey.

Also, check out her website to read six years worth of her journal entries as she went raw and built her business.

My only criticism of this book is the really appalling index. When I want to refer back to find a smoothie made with cocoa for example, I have to look under "Q" for "Quickie chockie milk" which is incredibly unhelpful. I hope they make this a bit more user friendly for updated versions.

Neicey
[] for movie, book and celebrity reviews
[] for green and sustainable life in the city
[] for musings on relationships, marriage and divorce

5.0 out of 5 stars The book to change the world, 8 Jun 2003
R. Openshaw "FacilEFTer" (Helston, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is all you need to become a normal, fit, happy and healthy human being. It shows you all you need to do, and how to do it, and thoroughly explains why you need to change.
If you think you do not need to change then this book will explain why you should if you want to live your life to the full - happy and without any sickness or pain - as we were meant to live.
It goes on to explain why you should become a raw vegan food eater and gives lots and lots of delicious recipes to tempt you with. I've tried most of them and they are truly delicious.
In a nut shell this is the one book to have on your book shelf, although it will probably spend most of its life either in your hands or on a worktop as you try out yet one more recipe.
Shazzie, the author, is the prime shining example of the lifestyle she shares in her book, if you've ever met her then you will know exactly what I mean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 13 Feb 2011
Inspires you to want to be healthy inside and out and shows you how to do it. A great book to pick up at bedtime.
Halfway through the book and loving it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Celebrate your life - live life alive with Shazzies guidance, 2 July 2003
By A Customer
It's brilliant. A full and comprehensive wholsitic lifestyle book, full of inspirational suggestions, factual info, recipes and several detox plans to fit even the busiest agenda. This book is a gift -- so many times I have been frustrated not having a book which I can truly recommend to clients without losing them all after the first session!!! I have been seeking something professional enough and yet not too whacky. THIS IS IT. The wrapping and content of this book is enticing and full of excitement. This book held me all the way through and its near 400!! odd pages.
I felt personally re-inspired and had a few questions answered too. It reminded me that we are all forever students of life.
Detox your World is a expression of harmonising livelihoods and service -- sharing of facts without undue controversy. The testimonials were amongst the best I have read. I was moved by this book -- deeply moved. It has also given me an insight into how much work goes into creating and offering a service with so much information and inspiration without becoming boring at all.
For me it supersedes all the books I have read. I feel totally comfy with insisting that all my clients buy this book. I feel delighted to now have a book that I feel proud and joyous to give and share with friends and family too.
A book that guides people through transformational choices and seeks to invite the best from each person.
I felt a deep appreciation and a realisation that to talk about this book would be a joy and a sincere expression of pride in the auhoress. Its already vibrating with a powerful potential of touching families and all beings who seek wellness of life.
-- Ruth Allen, wellness counsellor, UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Your first day to a new Healthy Life, 8 May 2003
From first to last this book is an eye opener, forget all the usual rubbish rammed down your throats by "conventional, so called, wisdom". This book says it all for anyone to improve their health and become alive, I've seen the results for my self and what Shazzie says is absolutely spot on AND so true.
If you thought that raw food eating was a cult thing then think again. Its the NATURAL way for us, as human animals, to eat. Do you know of any other animal that naturally eats cooked food?. AND her recipes are so delicious they knock into a cocked hat the cooked (burnt) food recipes. I've tried most of her recipes, they can be simple or as complicated as you wish but ALL are delicious and so healthy that they allow your body to heal itself. This, together, with changes in your lifestyle you'll end up as a proper living person instead of an addict - did you know that cooked food was addictive? - well it is and very much so.
You owe it to your body to find out more by reading this book and digesting its contents and the lovely recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 13 Jun 2013
Helix "Helix" (North East England) - See all my reviews
Totally fab book which opened my eyes to detoxing and is a really good all round book which does indeed detox your world rather than just your food :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Detox Book you will need to buy., 19 Jun 2003
Amazon Customer (Forest of Dean, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is a handbook of information for the person seeking a more healthier lifestyle. It provides a wealth of practical knowledge on how to get rid of the nasties in life in order to attract a higher level of health.... and lets face it, in today's society we need all the help we can get. By providing reasons why you should change your habits.. you may be shocked at how much you are poisoning yourself..and the benefits you may acquire by changing your ways little by little.. Shazzie opens up a new way of thinking that will change your life for the better. Detoxing is not just about diet, there are many things that we can do to create a better environment for ourselves and others and Shazzie, in her lively and realistic style, shows you how it can be done. You can follow some of her detox plans or else you can use the book to look at areas in which you can improve. We all know deep down that health is vital to enjoying our lives fully, when you start to acquire a new level of health, you start to enjoy a higher level of life. So dont delay..life is too short...get the knowledge..get the goods...get the picture....before it is too late. What a wonderful book. Well done Shazzie, this book is going to have a great impact on people's lives.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't throw the baby out with the bath water, 26 Nov 2007
Do you want the good news or bad news first?

I am keen in learning about raw foodism and improve my health but found the style of this book childish and patronising. The mention of her feeling like a failure for being a size 12 is very irresponsible in the light of eating disorders craze and her breats going from A to D without surgery but after listening to a CD (???!!!) and oh, yes, forgot to mention I was pregnant (he-lloooo!) is just assuming a very gullible reader. And I am sorry but I do not believe if your skin is very pale you WILL burn and not just tan after becoming a raw foodist. And the list goes on...

However there are some nice recipes, the book is optimistic and no doubt we should eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible so it's not all bad.

Used & New from: £1.17