5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for beginners

Published on 11 Sept. 2011 by FamilyP

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for beginners, 8 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
Being new to the sport I had a few lessons, but was still struggling with to get going on the in the direction I wanted every time. Didn't want to spend any more on lessons until it was time to master turning, so I bought this book. It is so clear to understand and makes Kitesurfing easier to understand. Covers all aspects from wind theory to jumps. Has helped me master the basics and fingers crossed will help with the more advanced parts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive introduction, 25 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
Great book that covers all of the basics well. I started kitesurfing recently and this gave me lots of useful information and background to the sport. It's getting a bit old though (2007 print edition I think) and since the sport is evolving so quickly if you want to know more than the basics then this probably isn't the book for you as it will not cover the most recent developments and techniques.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great overview & Intro but a little outdated, 11 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
This book is great for beginners and comprehensively covers the basics, safety, launching etc. It also seems to be one of the few recent books. However after 4 days of kitesurfing on the water (and also thanks to the theory in this book) I wanted to learn how to turn and the book starts to talk about changing feet in the footstraps. Nobody does that anymore.... This book would be perfect if it was fully updated with the latest (easier) techniques across the book. The author has done so at the start, but not everywhere. Still recommend it tho.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book my kiteboarding has improved immensely, 12 Dec. 2007
Neil Cruickshank (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
This book was recommended by my BKSA kiteboarding school. I was sceptical at first that a book could convey techniques that are so dynamic, but how wrong I was! This book is PACKED with information on all the theory and practical aspects of kitesurfing. The photos are excellent and the text is very clear and concise. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars AIl needed to know, 1 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
As a beginner, or more accurately, a potential beginner, I wanted to get a clearer idea of what Kitesurfing was all about. I have done some windsurfing up to fairly competent water start level and I wanted to see how kitesurfing might compare. This book told me everything I wanted to know and I can't wait until next Spring to start putting it into practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent first book on kiting, 16 Sept. 2008
M. A. Szymura (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
if you are new to kite surfing this book explains allot of the questions that a beginner may have, i would recommend it to a newbie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time round., 10 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
This was a super find at the price I bought. My last copy ended up waterlogged and fell apart. Perhaps its nostalgia but I would thoroughly recommend anyone who wishes to learn more then the 'Does' of the sport to get this book. It may not have the latest kit information, but for the those looking to dip their toes in the information is still relevant and written in an inspiring style. I would say it is an indispensible tool to all from basics to application. Well worth the second purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its OK, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
Generally its a good book and I can say that I took some significant information from it. As an new kite surfer I would like the book to contain more details and more figures to support the beginners .Something like a check list. In general I recommend the book and it is a good for kitesurfers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
I have bought this book for a present for my brother who lives in Mozambique and I am going over to visit him. He has taken up this sport and absolutely loves it. What I have seen of this book, it is brilliantly illustrated and written, he would be so happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars kitesurfing, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
considering taking part in the sport and needed some information on where to start the book was very helpful andi amnow looking for courses and where to kitesurf