on 14 June 2002
This book is what I would describe as an essential read for those going through the hell of bereavement. It's easy to dip into, and inspirational through and through. It's similar in concept to books like 'The Little Book of Calm', and that's where it scores highly in my view. Buy it for someone who's lost someone, you will be helping them more than you could know..
on 3 July 2002
I found this book similar to a self-help format book. A cute size ideaL keeping it in my handbag. A very useful tip style book, gave me lots of comfort from knowing that the grief cycle is shared by others, in similar ways. I learnt that grief cannot be hurried and that the strange feelings and thoughts I was experiencing were indeed very natural. Buy it if you have suffered a bereavement, it's like first aid!!
on 21 July 2003
What an excellent book! so compact yet full of very useful and helpful tips. An excellent gift for someone going through the trauma of grieving. Worth every penny.
on 19 May 2005
I found this book was disappointing after reading the positive reviews of it here. I am a year on in the grief process following the loss of my mother and wanted some more in depth insights into the emotional processes involved. It may be a handy book in the very early stages of grief with useful tips for that stage, but I found the advice really obvious and not helpful at this stage. Also, in accordance with the author's own bereavement it seems targetted at people (particularly women) who have lost their spouse & face living alone e.g. house security tips, socialising. If you are alone and need some simple tips it may be good for you but, if you want a deeper insight into what you are going through, don't bother.
on 1 June 2005
Very comforting book, great tips on daily routine tasks and pointers to put in place. A good handy sized book to read when you feel like it, and to store away and get out again and again.l ideal for the practical side of grieving. Helpful list of organisations in the back to go to for assistance and advice. A wondeful book and well worth every penny!
on 19 May 2005