on 27 June 2005
This book contains all the signs you would need for communicating with young ones, without endless searching through the more extensive dictionaries available, which contain far more than you would need and are not exactly portable. The pictures are simple and easy to follow, with written instruction, and variations where applicable.
Would also be a good next step for those wanting to build upon the simple baby signing used with hearing babies.
on 20 February 2006
Absolutely brilliant book if you're looking for BSL basic signs to do with youngsters. Also puts basic common phrases together, gives clear pictures and a good explanation. Version 2 for more signs please!
on 6 September 2009
This book gives a great insight into sign language and it's many forms. it has a dictionary of words and clear pictures and explanations on how to sign them. I would recommend this to parents and childcare practitioners.
on 23 May 2009
this product was very good and offered my little girl with a lot of early stage signs which helped he alot with her speach and understanding
on 8 October 2012
I work with hearing pre-school children and was looking for a book of basic BSL signs to teach them some everyday signs. I am not a sign language expert by any means and other books can often seem a bit daunting. This book is really just the right level for me and for them! I could follow the signing diagrams easily, and the choice of signs are perfect for children of this age.
on 7 June 2010
The illustrations are very well done and the signs are well chosen. Worth the money!
on 23 October 2009
As i work with children i like to show how we can speak in other ways and this is a good book with easy to copy pictures and it is very well packed with loads of words to learn.
on 26 December 2013
This is an ideal book to use if you don't have the money or have time to attend baby signing classes. The pictures are illustrated well and easy to learn. Would be good to have the signs for Aunty and Uncle. It worked very well with my daughter. You need to ensure that you use the signs every day and all adults who are with your child on a regular basis use them too
on 18 June 2014
My daughter has been able to sign since going into nursery with greetings and songs. I down loaded this book onto my kindle so I could continue signing with her even though she has started the first year of school. I have always wanted to learn how to sign. This book is easy to follow and great for starting to learn how to sign.
on 5 March 2013
I am trying to learn BSL, and I am trying to teach some to my baby son.

I bought this book for the purpose of teaching my son, and it's proven extremely useful. It's very clear, well illustrated, the vocabulary is ideal for early years and I think it was a perfect purchase for us.