5.0 out of 5 stars One gateway, but there are many gates., 20 April 2014
Amazon Customer (Cardiff United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gateway to Arabic (Book 1) (Paperback)
My brief experience with learning Arabic seems to be that the emphasis of most courses is on reading and writing, probably due to the large numbers who wish to read and learn the Qu'uran. This book is very good in that respect with pages for practicing the letters in all their forms. Even if you are looking to just learn some phrases for travel you will be exposed to Arabic writing so this will be a good way to get a grip on learning to read. Be aware that Arabic vowels are not letters, they are indicated by marks over/under the consonants and these are omitted in everyday writing so you will also need to learn whole words, this book is therefore very useful but only part of what you will need.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best introduction to reading and writing Arabic, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Gateway to Arabic (Book 1) (Paperback)
This book is different! Too many books for those learning Arabic are academic and make huge leaps. They assume that simply by presenting the alphabet the learner will be able to read and write by the next page. This series of "Gateway" books proceeds stage by stage with the chance to consolidate and review. As a result what seems like an impenetrable script becomes approachable and the learner can read and write simple words quite quickly.
This is an excellent series and, from personal experience, I can highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Introduction to Arabic, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Gateway to Arabic (Book 1) (Paperback)
This book/ series seems to be very good indeed. I already knew the basic alphabet, but you really could use this from complete beginner level. My Arabic teacher recommended that I buy this for the Arabic course we are doing and along with tuition you can progress quickly and surely with this series. The layout is great and well structured compared to other books I've used that really confused me and had no comprehensive structure. I do think that you benefit much better by having a teacher but the material you use is also very important. My confidence is growing and I can read, write and speak (we're on book 2 now) Arabic much better. I'm looking forward to progressing more and more. Alhamdoulillah, great series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Gateway to Arabic (Book 1) (Paperback)
I'm very happy with this book. Explainations are simple and easy to remember. I recommend it in addition with arabic course.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Gateway to Arabic (Book 1) (Paperback)
the flash cards had a good prize, it is all so well and all so quickly. I like this metod for study arabian language

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for English parent with an Arabic learning child, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Gateway to Arabic (Book 1) (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me by a teacher and I'm really pleased with it. There is plenty of content, starting right at the beginning. It is written clearly enough for me to be able to assist my child even though I cannot speak arabic myself.
It is one of a series of textbooks which I will be buying again in the future once this one is all finished.
I believe that the price shows very good value as so many books are too expensive and definitely not as useable as this one.
The book is suitable for an adult or child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arabic Woorkbook, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: Gateway to Arabic (Book 1) (Paperback)
Very good. Liked the simplicity and clarity. Also liked the space provided for practicing. I have recommended this already to several people including my current Arabic teacher (actually bought her a copy) as the learning tools we currently use has ONLY Arabic with very small font size and limited space to practice writing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book if you have never spoken or written a word of Arabic, 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: Gateway to Arabic (Book 1) (Paperback)
This book is excellent. Its one of the best language tools I had come across and I had purchased a few.
Its clear and easy to read and learn. It starts learning you the complete alphabet written and spoken. I found it easy to use on my own without any help from a teacher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect choice for beginners, 14 Feb 2010
This review is from: Gateway to Arabic (Book 1) (Paperback)
Gateway to Arabic Book 1: This is one of the best books if you want to learn reading and writing in arabic and become familiar with the language a little. I really like it.
Gateway to Arabic Book 2: After the first book, this one helps you to gain vocabs and grammar quickly and a nice way. I'm very happy to have it as it helps me to get into the language very quickly although I'm a self-taught person. You can hardly find such complex and user-friendly learning materials.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Gateway to Arabic (Book 1) (Paperback)
I ahve found book 1 an excellent introduction to introducing Arabic to all starters. The writing is clear and very easy to follow. I use it for my children and they really enjoy its layout. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Gateway to Arabic (Book 1)
Gateway to Arabic (Book 1) by Imran Alawiye (Paperback - 28 Jun 2002)
4.50