on 23 April 2012
I am in my first year of sixth form doing AS sociology. I was struggling for a while to get the whole idea of the essay writing and the theorists etc.. Because of this got an E in my first exam however, after the exam I purchased this book recommended by a friend and I can truly say that I have been on a ball with this book. I have been ahead of my class in all aspects of the unit 2 module. It has condensed text which makes it easy to read and understand. It has points written across the page for analysis and evaluation which are things which give you tips on what to do and what not do and it giving you higher makes in the exam as you know what to do. It again has top marked answers, which help to give you a flavour of what to include in the exam and practice questions at the end of each topic. Overall, I would recommend anyone doing sociology or going to do Sociology to purchase this book as you will not regret it. If anything get this book and nothing else you will be glad you did. It will place you on top of your game in the exams and classroom arguments. I am doing the Unit 1 resit I will be sure to let you know of the top grade results off using this book.Succeed at AS Sociology: The Complete Revision Guide for the AQA Specification
on 1 April 2011
GET THIS PRODUCT, i promise you, you will learn lots from this, i got 96% on my paper because of this book, it really helps and that why i bought this year the A2 one. it is detailed has the best question, has advise and it is a real bonus that is is written by senior examiners and you know when you go into your exam you are doing exactly what they want.
on 16 January 2015
With the help of this book, i managed to get a 198/200 in my sociology essay. (Full marks on my essays) which enabled me to be in the top 1% of England in terms of sociology a.s students!
But you have to realise this book is for the B/A graders who need that extra push for top marks. may not be as helpful for c/d/e students.
on 4 May 2015
This book is amazing. I'm currently doing AS exams this year and no one in my class is doing very well and they're all using Collins or whatever. I just read this book front to back a few times and I get an A every time now! Definitely recommend!
on 24 May 2012
This book is genuinely a fantastic product, and it's currently really helping me with exams. It splits all the essential information you need to know into clear concise sections and makes it all very easy to learn and remember. Highly recommended and worth the money, I don't know where I'd be without it.
on 5 September 2013
Really really really really really really good product. amazing in fact this book helped me up my grade by 2 levels. and to be honest I didnt use it as much as I should have, with out a doubt this book can get you from an E to an A grade, if you revise from it like you should. Its a really nice book, everything is laid out well. its not thick at all, contains all the real info you need for exams, doesnt contain any extra none sense what you dont need to know. but then again, it is written by chief and principal examiners. At a tenner you cant go wrong at all with this book, it will be a real life saver when it comes to the exam. go ahead and get it, £10 will come and go, but the grade you get will stay with you.
on 2 September 2011
best revision book out! recommended by my sociology teacher herself. couldnt have passed the subject without it. really brilliant book!
on 22 March 2015
This book single handedly allowed me to get 78-80 on the families and households paper and 112-120 on the education paper. Has everything you need for all the units and is worth the money 100x over. Cannot recommend enough!
on 8 February 2011
I really liked this revision guide. It gave me everything I needed to know in a bright and interesting way, I actually enjoyed revising for once. I would highly recommend this for anyone who is doing AS Socioology. Good luck!
on 29 January 2012
Deffinately a must for everyone who is studying AS Sociology! It helped me out so much recently on my sociology exam.
I'm not one for wanting to sit down and read for hours on end like the text book does, but this book is easier to understand and is more concise with the text, and it also shows you appropriate exam answers. Deffinately worth the money.
I shall be buying the A2 book for next year too :)