5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!
As a sociology teacher I have used and looked at lots of text books, this is the best on the market - great detail, range of studies and good concentration on AO2 skills. However, it offers the most popular topics -Beliefs in Society and Crime and Deviance, if you are studying some of the other AQA options, you'll need to choose something else!
Published 7 months ago by NickMc

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite the Complete Course
Published on 18 Aug. 2009 by C. Brook

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite the Complete Course, 18 Aug. 2009
C. Brook - See all my reviews
This review is from: A2 Sociology: The Complete Course for the AQA Specification (Napier Press) (Paperback)
This book was passed to me to assess for the new A2 course that we are teaching. My head of sixth form thought from the title it had everything in, but there are topics missing, so don't judge this book by it's title. I still gave it three stars because the content it does have is good, and if the missing topics had been included to the same standard it would have been a definite purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really not complete, 6 Sept. 2013
This book is extremely disappointing. It is named 'the complete course', however it includes only 1 of the 4 possible topics for SCLY3. While it appears to deliver that one topic very well, it is certainly not the book I thought I was ordering and it is not the book it's title seems to suggest. The publisher comment that it 'fits the specification exactly' is at best misleading, at worst deliberately so.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly "the complete course", 3 Nov. 2011
What bugs me about this is that it isn't the complete course...at all. Granted in my lessons we are taught the extra but saying it's the complete course and then not being one...it's annoying.

I find myself having to highlight the book though because the sociologists names don't stand out and it's easy to read but hard (for me personally) to revise from because it's just text and there aren't any coloured key words or sociologists (for example) that catch your eye.

Otherwise, it's perfectly fine and provides you with the basics of what you need to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 14 Sept. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Jan. 2011
Bargain! but the best textbook you could purchase for A2 Sociology. Has everything you need for the exam, since I purchased it and started revising it, it's made a change and built my confidence for the exam. It's a must have for Sociology students.

4.0 out of 5 stars This textbook does the job, 12 April 2013
It does the job, covering the crucial ten aspects of crime and deviance, the entirety of the religion topic, a sizable portion of research methods and a good amount of theory... It does do the job quite well in a relatively modern fashion. However, I would implore every student to buy the Haralambos & Holborn blue book - it is a far more dense text, but covers all of the above topics in a FAR better way than this text does. I work with the Haralambos rather than the Webb, using the Webb only for modern additions (e.g. the influence of the media on crime and deviance) and I am going for the A* grade because it provides far greater insight into methods and theories in particular - which make it the best book available for the best grades. It is fantastic. This book, by contrast, will do the job for you at a D/C grade level, if you are perhaps talented at the subject you can unlock the B and A grades, but truly you should not rely on it and in stead buy the Haralambos & Holborn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have!!, 21 Jun. 2010
This book tells you through how many AO1/AO2 marks needed for each question in Unit 3 & Unit 4. Very easy to understand & if learnt properly will get you an A!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars got me through, 6 Nov. 2013
Awesome txt book helped me to get through my a2 exams if i didnt get the context first hand in class , would reccomend this alongside own notes to acheive the desired grade.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sociology New Syllabus, 26 Feb. 2010
I was very disappointed when I received this book. I expected quality coverage of the whole revised A2 Sociology course. To my horror I found out that three out of the four unit 3 choices appear to be missing, therefore, this book offers both limited and selective coverage. I had been informed that this book had been contributed to by a senior AQA examiner. If this is the case I feel it is inappropriate for only one of the choices to have been covered and creates an unfair bias. I shall be buying another book!

2.0 out of 5 stars This textbook appear to be in new condition but is ..., 14 Sept. 2014
This textbook appear to be in new condition but is missing pages 23-62. pages 63 to 78 follow page 22, but following page 78 there are pages 39-317...!? wtf

A2 Sociology: The Complete Course for the AQA Specification (Napier Press)