5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Bargain! but the best textbook you could purchase for A2 Sociology. Has everything you need for the exam, since I purchased it and started revising it, it's made a change and built my confidence for the exam. It's a must have for Sociology students.
Published on 27 Jan 2011 by Zak

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite the Complete Course
Published on 18 Aug 2009 by C. Brook

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite the Complete Course, 18 Aug 2009
C. Brook - See all my reviews
This review is from: A2 Sociology: The Complete Course for the AQA Specification (Napier Press) (Paperback)
This book was passed to me to assess for the new A2 course that we are teaching. My head of sixth form thought from the title it had everything in, but there are topics missing, so don't judge this book by it's title. I still gave it three stars because the content it does have is good, and if the missing topics had been included to the same standard it would have been a definite purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really not complete, 6 Sep 2013
This book is extremely disappointing. It is named 'the complete course', however it includes only 1 of the 4 possible topics for SCLY3. While it appears to deliver that one topic very well, it is certainly not the book I thought I was ordering and it is not the book it's title seems to suggest. The publisher comment that it 'fits the specification exactly' is at best misleading, at worst deliberately so.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly "the complete course", 3 Nov 2011
What bugs me about this is that it isn't the complete course...at all. Granted in my lessons we are taught the extra but saying it's the complete course and then not being one...it's annoying.

I find myself having to highlight the book though because the sociologists names don't stand out and it's easy to read but hard (for me personally) to revise from because it's just text and there aren't any coloured key words or sociologists (for example) that catch your eye.

Otherwise, it's perfectly fine and provides you with the basics of what you need to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Jan 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have!!, 21 Jun 2010
This book tells you through how many AO1/AO2 marks needed for each question in Unit 3 & Unit 4. Very easy to understand & if learnt properly will get you an A!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend, 13 Jan 2014
very informative text book, the concepts are rich in detail and are dissected very well, I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 29 Nov 2013
I needed this book for my sociology course at college, it works well as a book to study from and ordering it from fat brain books it arrived quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for A level Sociology as instructed, 14 Nov 2013
D. Armstrong - See all my reviews
Required for revision, very useful for the course I am following. Hopefully it will help me succeed at A Level.

5.0 out of 5 stars got me through, 6 Nov 2013
Awesome txt book helped me to get through my a2 exams if i didnt get the context first hand in class , would reccomend this alongside own notes to acheive the desired grade.

4.0 out of 5 stars just what i needed!, 13 Oct 2013
this definitely helped me pass my sociology A-level. it covers pretty much everything you basically need to pass the exam :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

A2 Sociology: The Complete Course for the AQA Specification (Napier Press)
20.71