4.0 out of 5 stars An overall good product.
When my Sociology teacher suggested this book, I was initially a bit dubious about it, as I thought it wouldn't have everything I needed in it, but it turned out I was wrong!
This book definitely has everything you need to know for AS Sociology.

I'd recommend this book to anyone studying AS Sociology.
Published on 2 Dec. 2010 by Eliza

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Book
I hated sociology A-Level but this book got me my C which I was aiming to get, very informative and would reccomend to AS-Level students.
Published 23 months ago by Niall Connell

4.0 out of 5 stars An overall good product., 2 Dec. 2010
This review is from: AS Level Sociology: The Complete Course for the AQA Specification (Paperback)
This book definitely has everything you need to know for AS Sociology.

I'd recommend this book to anyone studying AS Sociology.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for sociology students!, 10 April 2012
I am currently taking the Sociology AQA course and use this book as my primary resource. In my unit one exam I achieved a grade A with 74 UMS points out of a possible 80 (would be an A* at A2) and it is most definitely down to the useful information in this book. Each chapter summarises a topic and gives you in depth detail and multiple studies to use in essays. At the end of each chapter there is exam style questions (including essay questions) which provide good practice in writing style and exam technique (you can get your teacher to mark them if they're not to lazy). The book also has a few pages on exam technique giving you advise on how to score AO1 and AO2 marks which is extremely helpful. Overall I would recommend this to any one taking a sociology AQA A level since it truly is a brilliant book.

5.0 out of 5 stars as level sociology, 29 Oct. 2008
Amy Cooper "amycoop" (england) - See all my reviews
this books has really helped my with my work!
lots of information!
good layout!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a book I'd recomment to any student, teacher or centre..., 24 Oct. 2007
The book is really helpful. Both for using in a classroom and for revising or studying at home. It slowly prepares students who are new to the subject of sociology and essay questions, for the examination through giving examples of essays and encouraging students to think about what they are writing. It has lots of examiner tips and it is easy to understand. it is for students of all abilities as it is clear and concise and speaks about sociologist in a way that makes it interesting. Just using this book alone is enough to teach a student everything they need to learn to get an A grade in it, provided the students uses the book correctly. I would recommend it to any student, teacher or centre who are doing the AQA syllabus and want to get top grades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book and highly recommended to all AS sociology students, 22 Nov. 2014
Good book and highly recommended to all AS sociology students. This was the only book i used for revision as it has simple language yet extensive depth, such as recent examples. Didn't even need to purchase any revision guides as this book has it all. Much cheaper to buy one good book like this one then lots of cheaper ones which will not cover as much detail. Also has diagrams and charts within book to help remember the key details.

5.0 out of 5 stars Covers everything, but readable, 25 Feb. 2005
Mrs RB Morton (Woking, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is the best textbook I've seen for AS-level sociology. It covers all the material to a good level of detail - meaning that it's worth getting your students to read it - and is packed full of up-to-date studies. At the same time the students can actually read it easily - it's targeted at the right level for them and the sensible use of pictures to illustrate points helps to break up the text, as do the relevant sub-headings. In addition to this there are a range of useful and specific questions and exercises for most sections (although in some places it could do with some more). My only questions are when is the A2 version coming out? and also what about an OCR oriented version?

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have, 8 Nov. 2013
This book is a defo must have for a.s as it goes into depth and detail on each topic which is great for taking and adapting your own notes if you dont get the lessons context and the great little contexts page with key words at the back was a god send great buy for any student taking this topic !

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sociologists Bible, 30 Dec. 2012
This book is a MUST for anybody studying AS Level Sociology!! It is the Sociologists Bible!! All you need to know is in this book, its fantastic, it got me through my AS Sociology!! Would highly recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Revision Guide, 23 Jan. 2014
My daughter is currently taking Sociology at AS level and loves this book. The subject matter is set out well and she has found it an excellent supplement to her study materials.

4.0 out of 5 stars AS Level Sociology, 1 Jan. 2013
I bought this for my son, who has recenlty started 6th form but, as far as the produce is concerned, it arrvied on time and in perfect condition. Many thanks.

AS Level Sociology: The Complete Course for the AQA Specification