5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use
Published on 15 May 2011 by L. Smailes

1.0 out of 5 stars not worh it
ok for year 1 or 2 or children struggling but not for older children as very basic and certainly not worth the money -just number bonds and lots of pages going over same thing -dont waste your money
Published 1 month ago by bacardi and coke

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, 15 May 2011
L. Smailes "Noblesse oblige" (Northumberland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Power of 2: The One to One Coaching System for Maths Success (Paperback)
I had my doubts whether I would be able to just buy a tool and help my daughter, especially given that I also struggle with numbers. However this book was simple to pick up and use with no extra training or skills. This book developed my daughters confidence and her ability improved alongside it. School has really noticed a difference in my daughters attitude and ability toward maths and numbers. She has a much more give it a go attitude. So great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful for kids who struggle with mental maths, 27 Jun 2012
I m very pleased with this book - it has boosted my son's confidence a lot and number facts seem to be really settling into his brain. Number facts and mental maths have been very difficult for him as his short-term memory is not good and this is the first time I have found something that works. We keep the sessions short each day. I have a kitchen timer set for 15 minutes and he knows that if he concentrates hard we finish early at around 10-11 minutes which seems to motivate him.

We also have their other book Perform with Time but that was a big disappointment. The method didn't work so well in the time book as it seemed to assume you already knew how to tell time and just needed lots of practice.

This mental maths programme on the other hand gives tips and techniques as well as practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clever for really making the ideas stick, 23 Dec 2011
We were recommended this book by a maths teacher for our 10 year old who is OK with maths but has an entrance exam coming up so we wanted to give some extra help. When I started using it was I wasn't sure that it could do any good at all but was quickly surprised because even the 'easy' stuff at the start became a challenge just to see how quickly it could be done. An important thing to know with this book is that the word 2 in the title refers to 2 people not the number 2! So you have to be involved at all times thats how it works, this isn't really a book you can leave a child with on their own. But that is partly why the book works so well my daughter realy likes that we are together. The other key method the book uses is repetition and that works really well in imprinting the methods on the child's mind. I rate this as a 5 star because it has really worked well for my daughter and her confidence and speed have improved significantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent intervention, 15 July 2014
I am a Year 5 teacher working with a lower ability Maths group. This programme has been used as an intervention for the past two years to help our pupils fill in the gaps in their Maths learning. My teaching assistant works with each child individually each day for 10 minutes and the results have been remarkable! Children enjoy numbers more, are confident when answering questions and have quicker recall of number facts. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars detailed help, 5 Mar 2011
Excellent resource to help strengthen weak links in early and not so early maths Success-orientated. Daily use does the business! Easily accomodated at home by Mummy-coach, doesn't need "teacher".

5.0 out of 5 stars This has been great for my 9 year old twins, 30 Aug 2014
This has been great for my 9 year old twins. We only do 10 mins at a time but it has massively improved their mental maths. They quite like doing it because they get some individual attention, which they are usually fighting for! I'd really recommend this for kids that just need to gain confidence with basic numeracy. It's structured in a clever way to that the techniques are repeated and repeated until they become second nature, but all mixed up so the child doesn't get bored. We are only about 1/2 way through the course but it's working for us :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great support at home, 24 May 2013
We were very happy with Power of 1, so it's no surprise Power of 2 is just as fun to work with, and getting great results

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended by school, 20 Jan 2014
has helped with school work to keep my child up with the rest of the class in math lesson, great

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book, 17 Dec 2011
This was recommended to me by my Son's teacher. I had gone to her with concerns regarding my 9 year old struggling with numeracy. This book enables me to help him understand the methods of calculation they use in school, which are quite different to when I was in primary school. Already I have noticed a change in his confidence. This is far better than any other exercise books we have bought to help him. We will continue to use the book as recommended.
Hope this helps you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 4 Mar 2014
This is an outstanding aid to learning for those finding automatic recall of number facts difficult - I would be happy to recommend it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Power of 2: The One to One Coaching System for Maths Success
Power of 2: The One to One Coaching System for Maths Success by David Joseph Sharp (Paperback - 8 Jan 2001)