4.0 out of 5 stars Great images
I noticed this book in a shop in london but as id brought another very much wanted book that day I decided to get it through amazon it took about a month to come through im guessing it was hard to find but well worth it
Published on 7 Feb. 2006 by Junko

2.0 out of 5 stars Half-baked Biba
Published on 18 Feb. 2007 by Mayakovsky

4.0 out of 5 stars Great images, 7 Feb. 2006
This review is from: In Biba (Hardcover)
the illustrations are amazing and so much detail has gone into the book - the 2 early editions (one limited to 400 copies and the extra edition i have with the authors signiture) are hand binded and cintents of the book are printed on very fragile paper.
The book details information about the biba story and its boutiques - too be honest i only really brought the book for the illustrations but it seems more like someones private journal which is probably what influenced my decision to buy it. If you are interested in illustration or just biba in general then this is a great book to have

2.0 out of 5 stars Half-baked Biba, 18 Feb. 2007
This review is from: In Biba (Hardcover)
I am relieved that I was able to borrow a copy of this book and not have to fork out the £18.99 price-tag. It is so disappointing! The weakest feature is the illustration. Considering what Biba was like in its heyday I would have expected something more elegant than these crude and amateurish drawings. Barbara Hulanicki's own sketches interspersed throughout the text are FABULOUS and really show up the difference in artistry. The text is quite amusing but often pretentious and really says very little - it is not very elegant either! Too many spelling mistakes and bad punctuation!

I have given this 2 stars: one is for Hulanicki's fashion sketches and the other is for the overall presentation (the cover and format) which is attractive. It is a pity that the rest of the book does not live up to the quality of the cover.

If you are a Biba aficionado, then avoid this book. If you are new to Biba, then you won't learn much from it. I suggest reading Barbara Hulanicki's own book 'From A to Biba' (devilishly difficult to get hold of) which is riveting and really conveys the essence of what Biba was all about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff., 18 Dec. 2007
WOWEEEEEEEE !!! "IN BIBA" (by Delisia Howard)... I've never seen
anything like it.. Is it a bird ? Is it a plane? Is it a BOOK ?..
What fun ! Cocking a snook at corporate publishing.. These guys and
gals are really cooking.. Too young to remember the real thing, but
this makes it come alive... Easy to read, lovely to look at.. I've
read it three times already... A work of ART !!

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant illustrations, 25 Dec. 2009
E. Flint "jane" (hull) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Biba (Hardcover)
Bought for a close friend who was "there" in the 60;s. Biba was her favourite shop. She was delighted with the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 18 Dec. 2007
This review is from: In Biba (Hardcover)
No wonder MAYAKOVSKY shot himself in the head... What a total
MORON ! ... "IN BIBA" is a GLORIOUS and eccentric creation in its
entirety, made with love and passion by both the actual creator of
Biba and written by Delisia Howard, who worked closely with her for
years in the great days. The illustrations and the typography are
marvellous and the writing lively, original and, above all TRUE..
(and I couldn't find any spelling mistakes) It seems entirely in the
spirit of the original enterprise. It is a triumph. I loved it and
treasure it. the original Mayakovsky would have loved it too ! As
for the turgid tome "The Biba Experience" by Alwyn Turner... -dull,
passionless and full of inaccuracies and written by someone who did
not 'experience' Biba at the time.. so lacking in imagination I
wouldn't use it for a door stop ! Get the real thing - "IN BIBA".

5.0 out of 5 stars In Biba, 24 Oct. 2009
Paul Addems (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Biba (Hardcover)
I wanted to buy my wife a book about Biba for her birthday, as she frequently made trips in the late 60's from Plymouth to Kensington just to visit Biba. I chose this book after reading several reviews and I (and she) was not dissapointed. It is beautifully put together and was obviously written with love and a real passion by someone who was there.

5.0 out of 5 stars BIBA'S, 16 Jun. 2013
This review is from: In Biba (Hardcover)
I used to go into Biba's in the 60's at Kensington SIMPLY ADORED THE SHOP I still have make up that I bought I am not in my 60's and this book bought it all back to me love it. I also have original posters from Biba's.

In Biba
In Biba by Delisia Howard (Hardcover - 1 Aug. 2004)