on 16 November 2001
David Icke has compiled compelling evidence that we are all being manipulated by the press, propaganda and the super rich in this fantastic book.The 'New World Order'is a phrase increasingly spoken of in the media, if only the Newspapers and those employed by them knew the truth of the horrendous consequences awaiting us all if it comes to pass.Riveting from start to finish, Children of the matrix is packed full of information so fantastic it staggers the imagination.See the other side of our world leader's covert life,learn of their long term agenda, you'll be mortified. David's creation is packed full of photographs and drawings which stop you in your tracks and make you think about your life and where you are going, it may even change your life.Get it, read it and read it again and then wake up and smell the coffee, something strange is happening on our planet and we've got to put a stop to it now for our children's sake.
on 18 April 2007
David Icke is brilliant. in this book he shares with us his research on who really does run our world and how they go about it.

If you think our world is fine and life is great then this may not be for you, but if you have questions about the way the planet is run and why things are the way they are then this book could be for you

If your Neo looking for the truth then take the red pill (buy this book)!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 31 July 2006
David Icke presents some truly reality shaking ideas and theories in the children of the matrix, ideas that may seem unpalatable to the majority of readers like myself... and yet at the same time, despite what you may think of his 'theories' you cannot help turning the pages as the conspiracy is revealed. Doubt his beliefs you may, but you will have a great time reading them- perhaps it is dangerous to read into such 'crazy' ideas, but then if they are so crazy, why are they dangerous?
on 30 November 2001
I was facinated by ...and the truth shall set you free, somewhat dissapointed by The biggest secret, but I do believe Icke got back on his feet with this book, it is up to his usual reasearch standard. It's worth reading simply for the comparative religious and archaeological references. However, to accept this final conclusion is no small matter...It *matters* what we believe these days, people! So I recommend the book, but suggest you do your own research before you buy into the whole 'shapshifting lizards rule our planet'. In a more abstract sense, there are merits to a similar idea, but from what I've researched it's not as described in this book. Additionally, I think David has gotten too caught in the New Age movement, there are traps to get you to go back to sleep in that movement too, and I was sorry to see this excellent writer fall into one. In short : definately worth reading, but read critically!
on 22 June 2001
probably Icke`s best book to date.Whatever you think or believe about its content, it does have the effect of waking you up to alternative realities and the awareness of possible hidden agendas in those you thought "god like". Truths you hold dear to your heart will be questioned.
on 30 April 2003
Okay, he was a figure of fun in the nineties and still is to most of the public. But, Alan Partridge-style, David Icke really did bounce back, and is now a New Age guru (although he would deny this) with a worldwide following, and it seems a thorougly nice guy. This large, very good value for money book contains some of the most outrageous, yet thrilling and utterly compelling information you will ever read, and is written in a spirit of love for humanity. It is also better researched than you might think. Your heart will warm to him... unless you are one of the lizards... mentioning no names, I am not as courageous as Mr Icke!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 14 May 2008
I was horrified upon reading this book to discover that my wife was in fact a giant tortoise cunningly disguised as a rather over weight unpleasant looking woman. You only have to look at her wrinkled face and scaly flaking feet to appreciate what David Icke has tried to warn us about.
The signs to look out for are everywhere. I was hanging around the local park on the lookout for UFO's when I overheard two women discussing how one of their children had finally 'come out of their shell' When I attempted to confront these alien reptile illuminati types incredibly my trousers fell down and I must have snagged my underpants on a branch and ripped them off because unfortunately some unpleasantness occurred and the police were called. It was very convienient that my discovery was sidelined and I was cautioned by the 'authorities' obviously keen to hush up what I had heard.
Anyway because I am now banned from the park and the local paper who are obviously in on the conspiracy had me on their front page headlined 'Local prat strikes again' this has seriously hampered my investigations, just what David Icke said happens. I am now starting to try and set up my own cult. I have read a lot of Davids books and have this strange feeling that I am special and destined for great things in life. My plan is to give up my job at the post office and be a kind of a God to my followers. Could any ladies who are interested please contact me; you are preferably under 30 and good looking though I will be also compiling a reserve list so apply even if you're not, just in case. I believe that we all come from Atlantis and that I was the King there, it's all a bit hazy but when I can work it all out I'll write it down in a pamphlet. I have been visited by aliens for years and they told me I should spread my seed to as many fit birds as possible and that the lizards wanted global warming to kill us all and so that they don't have to live in giant terrariums.
I am keen to start this cult thing as soon as possible, after all you try going down on a giant terrapin, not very pleasant but needs must after a skinful.
This book will change your life if you are open minded enough to read it and follow David Icke around the country as I did witnessing his 8 hour lectures five times a week for 16 weeks. Contrary to opinion in some circles we are not aimless losers, I happen to be 2nd in charge of licking stamps at our post office after the sponge mats as well as the former Prime Minister of Atlantis I thank you.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 21 June 2013
He has really done his homework. Everything can be checked out by those who want to. He already has. More people should read his stuff. Very enlightening.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Last year I read the book 'Children of the Matrix' by David Icke and it was a revelation. It's one of those books that explain things better that what we thought, because the facts are pointed out so they look obvious.

You think you know? Well if a debunker comes along, then you will see the other angle. James Randi, the paranormal debunker, is one such clever man who shows the viewer how people with supposed magic powers do their trick. Once it is exposed as smoke and mirrors, the trick doesn't seem like magic anymore, but a mere trick. You can see some of James Randi's magic on You Tube. His videos are a master-class in looking at things differently. David Icke’s books reminded me of Randi. What Icke does is he reveals that we’ve been propagandized all these years about The Matrix.

I am not naïve mind. Books like these my well be propaganda for the dark side. If so, then this is a lesson.

The lesson is that both sides of the story are very convincing! Like in higher mathematics where you have contradictory formulas (truths) that are both valid. The same may be the case for terrestrial truths (lies). Two lies can be equally valid. This is the nature of lying.

However, a book that is a master class in seeing and interpreting events with the eye of objectivity deserves respect.

So Children of the Matrix is a useful book to read for another side of the story.

It is only the propaganda that paints the people as fat sheeple, waiting to get bent over by the Dark Ones. Just read it and see if you are propaganda inflicted, like Neo at the start of The Matrix.

In the Matrix, Morpheus says that those who recoil at the idea of being propagandized are the most glued to the machine. In the Matrix, we can't break out of your ego-bubble on our own and because it hurts the ego to admit to being tricked, we prefer the trickery, or dreams. Morpheus is there to awaken you.

So showing how the trick is done sort of lifts you out of your dream, like when you take psychedelics; you float above it all, like zooming out on Google Earth. Try it. Go over your house on Google Earth and zoom out. Fly up and you never imagined all those trees and parks in your home town. You see further because you are high. Zoom out more and you see the oceans and the mountains and you realise the world is vast and it was only your limited horizon that stopped you seeing beyond your nose.

The propagandists would ban Google Earth if they got there way!
on 24 May 2011
CHILDREN OF THE MATRIX: HOW AN INTERDIMENSIONAL RACE HAS CONTROLLED THE PLANET FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS - AND STILL DOES by DAVID ICKE Has The Answers - Answers That Make 'Absolute' Sense, As It Highlights The Imbalance And Discrepancies Brought To Us By The Various Religious Deities, Political Institutions, Phantasy Genres, Science Affliction (Fiction), Cultural And Racial Mix-Ups, Food Fetishes And Addictions, Sexual Innuendos, And The Misuse Of Medicinal Herbs And Drugs.

CHILDREN OF THE MATRIX: HOW AN INTERDIMENSIONAL RACE HAS CONTROLLED THE PLANET FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS - AND STILL DOES by DAVID ICKE has found the missing links between:
1. Secular History/Mythological History/Biblical History,
2. African History/Black History
3. Asian History/European History.
It contains traces of the following: Politics and History, Philosophy and The Arts, Science, Economics, Religion, Sexual Perversions, Eponyms, Laws, Foreign Words - David Icke uses uncommon/unfamiliar words like 'Reptillian/Illuminati'.

Children Of The Matrix is suitable for 'All' Children Of The Universe, but I daresay Children Of God will ironicly dispute it as unsubstantiated nonsense with no proof, no evidence.

CHILDREN OF THE MATRIX: HOW AN INTERDIMENSIONAL RACE HAS CONTROLLED THE PLANET FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS - AND STILL DOES by DAVID ICKE has an Index for you to tailor your studies to suit your personal needs.

My Critisms of CHILDREN OF THE MATRIX: HOW AN INTERDIMENSIONAL RACE HAS CONTROLLED THE PLANET FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS - AND STILL DOES by DAVID ICKE, are:
1. Child's Play.
More could have been said on the significance of Mind-Control and the Act of Terrorism by:
a). War Crimes and Criminals - The Church And State;
b). Peace-Time Heroes - 'The System Of Democracy, The Freedom to Choose' - Employment and Education - Work, Money, Security, Family, 'The Annual Leave;
c). Gang/Mob Culture - The Dictatorship of: Shareholders, Unions, Activists, Privatisation, Capitalism, The Entertainment 'Industry' as a Whole, The 'Fashion' Industry, The Promotion of 'E', as in E-Numbers (Food Additives, Preservatives) - E-Mail - E-Commerce.
2. Marketing Strategies.
Whilst I agree that above critisms could and would alter the status, size, weight and thickness of the book, I think CHILDREN OF THE MATRIX: HOW AN INTERDIMENSIONAL RACE HAS CONTROLLED THE PLANET FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS - AND STILL DOES by DAVID ICKE, could have been better Marketed and better Promoted by a more appealing and neutral cover design.

Thank You!