Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 22 February 2009
The story is set in the Viking Kingdom of Norway a thousand years ago. The main characters are Bjarni and Astrid. Bjarni is a slave and Astrid is a rich mans daughter. Bjarni and Astrid fall in love and Bjarni needs enough gold and silver to marry Astrid. This book tells how Bjarni destroys the evil Grim Gruesome and succeeds in finding enough gold and silver to marry Astrid.
I enjoyed this book because the main characters have some really good adventures. I would recommend this book to 7-9 year olds.
By Lauren age 8.
on 1 October 2013
I ordered this book as a text to share with Y4 during our Viking topic. They are spellbound. We're reading it a chapter or 2 at a time and writing in role as the main characters. It has really stimulated their imagination. Would definitely recommend for this age group.
on 21 July 2013
I bought this to read as a class book for my KS2 class during our Vikings: Raid and Invade topic. All the children from
7-11yrs enjoyed it and some were so inspired they bought more books from the series.
on 25 June 2008
This is another great book from Ros Kerven who continues to write exciting books for younger readers. Full of authentic characters and story-lines
on 5 May 2013
I bought this to read to my class alongside our "Viking" project. They loved it! Lots of good Viking detail and a gripping story to keep them interested.
on 8 January 2012
Bought this book for my 9 year old son and he has not put it down since he received it. Would recommend.