on 22 January 2010
I loved this book but wished I had purchased it before my wife and I went to Brighton for a few days. Although we had a great time whilst there anyway, the book would have been inavluable in informing us of the best and most interesting places to go.

It is written in an easy to read and sometimes laugh out loud style that had me re-reading certain chapters more than once. I will definitely be looking at it again before we set out for Brighton next time and on my recommendation, lots of friends have asked to borrow it - I wish they would buy it for themselves as I'm worried I won't get it back!
on 30 September 2010
This book is funny, small enough to carry around with you and has a handy map at the back to help you keep your bairings. It is full of funny and interesting snippets of inside info and wry observations. My partner and I paricularly enjoyed sampling the beautiful belgian beers at the characterful pubs, especially the 'Evening Star' and 'Greys'. We would never have found these hidden gems had it not been for this guide. We had intended walking to Rottingdean through the undercliff walkway but sadly it was closed due to maintenance, but we look forward to enjoying that treat on our next visit.Highly recommended for anyone about to visit this colourful city.
on 18 July 2011
Great little book easy to carry around in my handbag. Gave me and my other half a good giggle in places and gave some really helpful suggestions of where to eat and shop and what to see. I felt it gave a good reflection of Brighton as a city in a light hearted way, without all the pomp that sometimes accompanies guide books. would definitely recommend it!
on 18 September 2011
What a find ! I purchased this book before a mini break to Brighton and not only was it a very useful guide as what to avoid and what to see, but it was also the most hilarious read ! We fouund the really nice Italian restaurant that was mentioned and were not disappointed. Oh and the authors are right about the seagulls ! Take earplugs !
on 11 July 2011
Very entertaining book, in a quirky way. We did go to Brighton for a weekend but didn't really need the guide. However we both found the book really funny and we have carried on giggling by dipping into the book from time to time. Underneath all the humour there is all the useful information you would expect of a guide book.
on 30 April 2014
This guide would make anyone with a sense of fun and style want to visit Brighton. It has made me want to live there. The Guide made me cry with laughter, not laughed so much since Private Eye in the 80s. Hilarious photos.
I had my last birthday week there where I found the atmosphere caring, chatty, stylish, and with great service in all the gorgeous quirky shops, top class restaurants and eateries and my brilliant stay in the award winning "organic" cosy Brighton House Hotel. No solo traveller would ever feel alone in Brighton and Cheeky Guide gives all details of how to find everywhere with timings and things to do you would never find out about. This irreverent guide is not only excellent, it is a mood changer. Well done Dr David Bramwell (Aries) and Tim Bick (Pisces) An electric combination.
Review for Choccywoccydoodaa Chocolate Shop and café: 3 courses of pure chocolate with a discreet trouser widening service round the back. Sign seen in a fruit market : Bruised banana - Reluctant sale €1
on 12 November 2015
Funny and lighthearted but many readers may find it more of a satirical guide than a practical/informative one. Disappointed by black and white photography and text throughout which is a direct contrast to the vibrancy and colour of this wonderful city..sixth edition looks the same. I'm sure most people would be willing to pay a couple of quid extra for colour that equals the attraction of the cover...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2014
I think a guide should also take into account, that foreigners will buy it. I can not recommend this for those people, since the language is very informal.
on 10 May 2011
Very informative. I recently read a book called Ring of Tabor, which is set in Brighton, and when I visited Brighton I was interested in seeing some of the places that were mentioned in the book. They were all there and I have to say just as creepy as in the book. Ring of Tabor (Part 1: The Awakening)
on 2 July 2013
Does Mr Bick live in Brighton? Not the place I have lived in & loved for the last 49 years :(
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse